Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP Discussion Thread- Covid World Continues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been interesting to see where Jorge Martin would have ended up if MM hadnt dive bombed him today .... I am new to MotoGP this year, but I am shocked at the difference in performance two different riders can have on the same bike. I am an F1 guy , and clearly the car is a bigger factor. Amazed by the gap between teammates. I dont see how Vinales can be more competitive by switching teams as clearly the Yam is a winner. Will see if team culture or a change of scenery helps....

I dont have the history for Dovi, but can he jump on Yam B team , and do what MM is doing for Honda , and outperform Crutchlow and VR languishing at the back and compete in top 10 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo555 View Post
      Would have been interesting to see where Jorge Martin would have ended up if MM hadnt dive bombed him today .... I am new to MotoGP this year, but I am shocked at the difference in performance two different riders can have on the same bike. I am an F1 guy , and clearly the car is a bigger factor. Amazed by the gap between teammates. I dont see how Vinales can be more competitive by switching teams as clearly the Yam is a winner. Will see if team culture or a change of scenery helps....

I dont have the history for Dovi, but can he jump on Yam B team , and do what MM is doing for Honda , and outperform Crutchlow and VR languishing at the back and compete in top 10 ?
      Dovi- Multi-time second place in the championship, won quite few races on the Duc vs. Marquez in his near-unbeatable years- when nobody esle could win on the Duc. He could win on the Yamaha, IMO.
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Dovi and Maverick should both bow out. Give the rides to World Super Bike talent.
        Perth, Western Australia.
        “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

Dovi- Multi-time second place in the championship, won quite few races on the Duc vs. Marquez in his near-unbeatable years- when nobody esle could win on the Duc. He could win on the Yamaha, IMO.
          Always good to have a storyline to watch . As this is my first year tracking MotoGP, (thanks to you guys, and recent viewing access ).... I missed out on Jorge Martins April crash. Of all the Duc's he seems to be the man , amazingly both he an MM were able to take wins shortly after their returns . Will be interesting to see if JM can catch Zarco for points as he fades in the distance

Watched a few WSBK reviews simply to watch some Kawi's, but too depressed to see Rea crash a couple times on whatever race I was watching....have not watched any more ...

Gotta admit, I prefer the Down Under muted celly of Miller over Quartararo and others when they take a flag ..... save it for the Championship IMO ....

Comment

MotoGP Headlines Not Anticipated in July:
            - Vinales is fastest in practice at Misano today... on an Aprilia
            - Dovi is racing at Misano today... on a Yamaha
            Contributing to the weirdness is rain forecasted during race times all weekend. Fabio Q is NOT going well in the wet...

G
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Working...
            X