Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP Discussion Thread- Covid World Continues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 MotoGP Discussion Thread- Covid World Continues...

So.... the USGP in Austin which had been scheduled for April has been "postponed" with no new date set yet. The Argentine April race was binned along with it; the hope is that new dates late at the end of the season can be found for both events.

Isn't this fun?
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

It's never going to end.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
      It's never going to end.
      Nope, they have too much control now. Disappointing to say the least. Glad I can, for now, go ride the Zed, and forget about all of this
      shit for a while. Did get about 150 miles in yesterday, it was just surreal at speed, a little cool outside but it was fun as always.
      I do want to see some good racing this year even though some places have opted out or whatever.
      Last edited by CHARLIE; 01-24-2021, 08:04 PM.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Two races at Losail to start the season and then Portimao. Maybe they'll have one of the Losail races at night and the other during the day? :)

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Suzuki's MotoGP took a big hit and along with it - the likelyhood the Vale will be running GSX-RR's next year. Fausto Gresini is thankfully recovering from his brush with death courtesy of COVID. Its great to have two Americans in Moto2 and one in WSBK. Speaking of - it looks like,so far, that Kawi has done enough with the ZX10R to keep Rea at or near the top. And will Marquez be ready for the first race - I doubt it - perhaps an unemployed rider from HRC's past will be his replacement........

March 28th can't get here soon enough.
          tbolt

Comment

Here are some picks for 2021:

Pol Espargaro will be fast on the Honda, not Marquez fast but competitive...

Rossi will be quicker after the move to Petronas SRT.

Morbidelli will remain the fastest Yamaha despite still running an old M1.

Provided he stays fit, Rins will be quicker than Mir this year.

Last edited by Moise; 01-26-2021, 04:15 AM.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Agreed - Morbidelli will likely be the fastest, most consistent M1 rider and he'll be doing it on a two year old bike. A statement on Morbidelli's talent and how lost the Yamaha M1 design is.

But will Pol be consistent? I doubt it. I hope HRC continues to use Bradl as Marquez's stand in. Bradl was starting to show why he's a World Champion toward the end of last year.

Rossi may have more consistent results - but not much faster.

KTM will be fun to watch. Can they continue their upward trend? Who will emerge as their lead rider? I still think Iker is their most talented rider.

Can Aprilia find an upward trend????? Can they decide on who's their #2 rider????

Will the Factory Ducati Team get even more lost? Or was Dovi hold'em back? Is Gigi Dall'lgna a genius or, per Dovi, the devil? Will Gigi and Miller have a boxing match at the end of the race weekend?

And, I agree, Rins will be faster than Mir. I would've said Rins is the favorite to win the Championship, but Davide left, so I think it'll be a toss up again this year - but exciting!!
              Last edited by tbolt; 01-25-2021, 11:27 AM.
              tbolt

Comment

Got to weigh in here...

Well we all agree about Frankie. Whether the old M1 can take him to the top of it all is another matter.

Where Mir and both KTM race winners evolve to next will be most fun to watch. Binder has shown a resilience and ability to learn and work through problems that has been remarkable. And Mir's development has been steady and pretty drama-free; being mature will save him trips to the kitty litter even as he learns how to go even faster. If they can find and use a few more horsepower for the GSXR, look out.

Rins has shown well, we can all agree. But impatience has led him into crashes lots of times, and as Marquez found out that eventually catches up with you.

I very much want to see that crazy bastard MM93 back out there, front-end sliding his way to the finish line. That is the best show in motor sports!

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                  Got to weigh in here...

I very much want to see that crazy bastard MM93 back out there, front-end sliding his way to the finish line. That is the best show in motor sports!
                  I watched the 2019 Czech race during the holidays. Wow.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Dovi is going to ride the 93 bike if MM is still broken. There's no replacing MM but at least it's something

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                      Dovi is going to ride the 93 bike if MM is still broken. There's no replacing MM but at least it's something
                      I have not seen very much on how MM is recovering. I guess if it was all good they would be talking about when he should be back on the bike by now, so no news is probably bad news. Except for Dovi, who may have the opportunity of his life thrust upon him...

Comment

MM has started riding a bike in the gym!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/01/22...s-to-training/

Hernandez is not keen on Dovi and says it would be better to keep Bradl on Marc's bike. But I expect Honda would want a more competitive rider if MM is still not fit for Jerez.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

If I were them I would at least want to know how Dovi might get on with the RC211V. Be a nice insurance policy if he goes out and hauls ass right off, and could inform planning for next year.

Comment

Spoiler Alert!

Fantastic racing today in all three classes! Outcomes were not what I expected in MotoGP or Moto3... but Moto 2 was an epic battle even if the winner was the favorite.
                            Remy Gardner gave Sam Lowes all he could handle- this battle may well go on all year. Interesting that the top 4 in Moto 2 were able to clear well off from the rest of the pack, but in MotoGP and Moto3 the top ten places were within a few seconds of each other- and Moto2 is the only spec motor class!

Jorge Martin is looking like the wizard his Moto 3 years predicted, but way ahead of schedule. The factory Ducati boys must be seeing red after getting embarrassed by the Pramac squad- particularly Miller. 9th? Binder was the fastest of the non-Ducati V twins... boy does Honda need 93 to show up and ride like only he can.

And it was a very good day to be a French fan.

It will be good to see a couple of races in Europe, as Qatar is so weird and not a great predictor of the championship...

G

Comment

It was good racing, but at times looked more like WWE Wrastlin' the motorcycing riding. Alcoba and McPhee will be starting the next race from the pit lane for their scrum in turn 1 and surely Miller is gonna get a penalty for trying to run Mir off the track.

Bummer that Roberts and Beaubier crashed.

And Dovi has to be chuckling at the factory Ducati team!
                              Last edited by tbolt; 04-04-2021, 05:57 PM.
                              tbolt

Comment

Working...
                              X