2021 Kawasaki ZX10RR (Rea's new ride)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Kawasaki ZX10RR (Rea's new ride)

Welp, it's fugly and not really different under the tupperware, but here's the new ZX10R:

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-feat...superbike.html

Yep - I was wrong about it sprouting wings, but it does supposedly have an increase in power.

It is off to a fast start. As is Gerloff.
    tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
      Yep - I was wrong about it sprouting wings, but it does supposedly have an increase in power.

It is off to a fast start. As is Gerloff.
      I'm going to speculate wildly that the underbite is Kawi's way of generating downforce without wings, unless they're sandbagging and there's a winged model on the way later.

​​It is encouraging that it seems fast out of the box

Comment

I wish they would man up and go MotoGP racing.
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
          Amen Brother.

Suzuki doesn't seem to have done anything to their street bikes in years and they just won Moto GP!
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Amen Brother.

Suzuki doesn't seem to have done anything to their street bikes in years and they just won Moto GP!
            That's because Suzuki has been shoveling all their cash into their MotoGP team instead of new/updated bikes. Time will tell if that's a good business strategy.
            tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
              Kawi went the cheap route and put all their chips on WSBK. It's a much less prestigious and watched series than MotoGP, but they're the kings there and see no reason to sink a pile of money into MotoGP. Like I said in my reply to Mike - it'll be interesting to see if their or Suzuki's strategy will make any difference in sales. Especially when you consider that the one brand that seems to be doing okay at selling sportbikes - can't win either championship - Ducati.
              tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post

That's because Suzuki has been shoveling all their cash into their MotoGP team instead of new/updated bikes. Time will tell if that's a good business strategy.
                The GSXR-750 has not changed much over the years, but the GSXR-1000s have been keep up with electronic upgrades and front shock upgrades to the same level as the zx10r has been changing, no major overhauls but upgrades.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/202...15-fast-facts/

More power, revs, etc, etc. It isn't a thing of beauty, but it kinda has family resemblance to the H2. At least the dash doesn't look like a Ti handheld calculator.
                  tbolt

Comment

Working...
                  X