2020 Moto GP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moise View Post
    Petronas SRT aren't going anywhere. They have significant resources behind them and some of the best people. It will be very interesting to see how well Rossi does there.

Don't forget that there will a VR46 bike on the grid next year - Luca Morini riding a Ducati.

Congratulations to Mir and Suzuki. Great to see Suzuki on top again.
    I was talking about the 2022 season. Next year's VR46 bike will be a "partnership" between VR46/Esponsorama Racing (Avinta/Reale)/Ducati. The rumor mill/general paddock consensus is that VR46's withdrawal from Moto3 after Sunday's race is in preparation of VR46 taking over Esponsorama's MotoGP grid spots in 2022.

Which brought about the speculation of what manufacturer the VR46 MotoGP team will run in 2022. All the factory teams except Aprilia and Suzuki have satellite teams and I doubt VR46 will want to be a 3-string satellite team. Plus Vale's relationship with Honda and Ducati is not the best and as you mentioned, SRT is not likely leaving MotoGP or Yamaha. And KTM/Tech 3 will likely continue their partnership.

While Vale won his first two World Championships on an Aprilia, Aprilia has not made much headway in their return to MotoGP. Davide Brivio, Suzuki's team manager, and Rossi have an excellent relationship, ever since Davide convinced Rossi to leave Honda for Yamaha. Plus Suzuki is the best bike on the grid right now. Hence my prediction that VR46 runs Suzukis in in 2022.

If VR46 does go to MotoGP in 2022 and runs Suzuki, that begs the question of does Vale ride in 2022?? Doubt Yamaha will want him riding their bike while his VR46 team is running Suzukis! But I can easily see Vale "retiring" after 2021 and becoming a test rider/wild card rider for Suzuki and his VR46 Team.

Of course my speculations and $2 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Speaking of Aprilia - they are supposedly looking at Chaz Davies to replace Ianonne. It would be great to see Chaz back in the MotoGP paddock.
    Last edited by tbolt; 11-18-2020, 09:34 AM.
    tbolt

Comment

• Joe Roberts
      Aprilia
      tbolt

Comment

• Originally posted by tbolt View Post
        Joe Roberts
        Aprilia
        Ugh. Weakest machine out there. Hope that changes if our boy is going to be on it.
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

• Well, that's a wrap for 2020, and the long dark winter of no road racing begins. Olivera was stunning, so much so that just knowing the track better than most does not explain his pace advantage. Obviously the KTM is here to stay, and he and Binder look to be formidable for next year.

The Moto2 title fight was a great race, and seeing Gardner run off with the race at the end was a big surprise. Big kudo's to Sam Lowes, he fought hard to a well-deserved podium with a busted hand that must have hurt like hell. He missed the title this year by very little, and I remain a fan.

Overall, a better season than we might have expected when the Covid shit storm hit. Unless you are Lin Jarvis, then it pretty much sucked.

G

Comment

• This season was entertaining as hell. It's going to be fun next year with so many young riders capable of winning

Comment

• Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
              This season was entertaining as hell. It's going to be fun next year with so many young riders capable of winning
              And the return of the Marquez...

Comment

• Originally posted by tbolt View Post
                Joe Roberts
                Aprilia
                Joe did the smart thing by saying no to Aprilia and going for Moto2 glory. Chaz just signed with Team Go Eleven Ducati leaving Aprilia with Smith and Salvadori for 2021. Seems like no one wants to ride Aprilia in MotoGP.
                tbolt

Comment

• Cannot understand what Aprilia are doing in MotoGP. Why waste the money on a perennial backmarker that's becoming a joke when their bread and butter superbikes still look like their 2010 originals, and they've won nothing in that class in forever​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                    Cannot understand what Aprilia are doing in MotoGP. Why waste the money on a perennial backmarker that's becoming a joke when their bread and butter superbikes still look like their 2010 originals, and they've won nothing in that class in forever​​​​​​
                    I guess they would rather be the ugly chick at the Ball instead of the hottie down at the local bar...

But right now they are also the ugly chick at the bar!
                    Last edited by gregness; 11-30-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X