No announcement yet.

2020 Moto GP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a chance MM may not be back for the start of next season as the bone he broke, the humerus, is taking a long time to heal.

https://motomatters.com/news/2020/11...n_in_2020.html
    "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Iannone got the book, kitchen sink, and all the pots and pans thrown at him. His career may be done. Guess that'll learn him for challenging his suspension. Jeez.

And the MM93 rumor mill keeps churning away. Does he need another operation? Will he start the 2021 season? If not, will, Back to the Future style, Dovi replace him?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...bike-available
      tbolt

Comment

MM's return to racing a week after serious reconstructive surgery will go down as one of the worst sporting decisions of all time. As an expert in Human Resources computer systems, it looks to me like MM could have serious nerve damage and may never race again at the level he was at. You can see his broken side is atrophied, which I take to mean he still can't train. If it was "just" a severe break, he'd be training all out now and there would be rumours of him showing up for a race.

Dovi should have jumped at the KTM seat when he had the chance

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
          MM's return to racing a week after serious reconstructive surgery will go down as one of the worst sporting decisions of all time. As an expert in Human Resources computer systems, it looks to me like MM could have serious nerve damage and may never race again at the level he was at. You can see his broken side is atrophied, which I take to mean he still can't train. If it was "just" a severe break, he'd be training all out now and there would be rumours of him showing up for a race.

Dovi should have jumped at the KTM seat when he had the chance
          Maybe this is why Dovi simply moved to the sidelines rather than taking a "B Team" deal... thinking there is a chance he will be riding MM's bike next year? I am sure he is better connected to the reality of the situation than we are...

And yeah, wave goodbye to Crazy Joe. MotoGP said "fu*k off" pretty clearly there- a four year ban at his age is a life sentence. I wonder if they would let him wreck/ride WSBK?
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

As much as I dislike Honda, it would be amazing to see Dovi jump on a rideable factory Honda next season and really stick it to Ducati

The Crazy Joe thing almost seems personal - what's the point in taking away his livelihood potentially forever?

Comment

Here is a recent update: https://motomatters.com/news/2020/11...n_in_2020.html

There is no reason for MM to ride now. Honda has no chance of winning anything this season, much better to wait until next year.

The problem for Honda could be that Marc won't be involved in testing over the winter, but at least this year they will have 3 fit riders!

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Supposedly Dovi's asking price is too much. I suspect he is trying to make one last big payday and the teams are looking at the talent in Moto2 and 3 and declining to pay him.
                tbolt

Comment

How in the hell did Suzuki win Moto GP?????

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

They have a good couple of riders, and the bike is a good package. (And MM wasn't there).
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                      How in the hell did Suzuki win Moto GP?????

Joan Mir got the championship with one win and seven podiums; Suzuki takes the constructors title as well. I think it's Suzuki's first double win since Uncini/Mamola/Lucchinelli in 1982

Comment

• Suzuki first premier class championship since KR'jr, right? Like about 20 years ago. Talk about mixing it up.
                        I hope the Yamadog guys get some stuff worked out, only because I still have a lot of respect for the "old man"
                        Maybe next year we'll see some more guys stepping up. Franco has been fun to watch this year.
                        Last edited by CHARLIE; 11-16-2020, 01:32 PM.
                        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

• Originally posted by YYCZED View Post

Joan Mir got the championship with one win and seven podiums; Suzuki takes the constructors title as well. I think it's Suzuki's first double win since Uncini/Mamola/Lucchinelli in 1982
                          Suzuki has won the Rider and Team titles. The Constructor title is still very much up for grabs with Suzuki - 201; Ducati - 201; and Yamaha 188.

Congrats to Rins and Suzuki!!

VR46 MotoGP 2022 will be a satellite Suzuki team - at least that's what I'm betting.
                          tbolt

Comment

• Mir earned this totally. Way mature riding for a youngster like that. Next year he gets the real test, if 93MM comes back at full strength. Nakagami has shown the Honda is a contender in multiple conditions, I have a feeling MM could destroy this field on it... again.

I don't think Suzuki can or will match what Yamaha would be willing to pay to keep Rossi associated with their brand. If Yamaha can solve their issues (a big if!) I think he will take control of their satellite team. And I think he will look hard at KTM as well as Suzuki if they do not get their shit together over at brand Y.

Rins is probably going drinking with Dani Pedrosa after the race next week. They were both race winners and the #1 rider on their teams, and then along comes another kid who promptly takes over and wins the title...

BTW, anybody see the little Video Kevin Schantz sent congratulating Mir? Wow, #34 looks more like he is 76 than 56 years old! Did the Texas sun do all that, or did he do battle with a severe illness? Jeez!

Fun fact- In 1982, you could buy a new factory team spec Suzuki RG500 for $56,000 and go racing in the GP's. Many guys did and some of them did quite well- really helped Suzuki win a few constructor titles. Boy did those days evaporate fast.
                            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

• Rossi wants to win way more than he wants more money. And he and Davide go WAY WAY back.

tbolt

Comment

• Originally posted by tbolt View Post
                                Rossi wants to win way more than he wants more money. And he and Davide go WAY WAY back.
                                Petronas SRT aren't going anywhere. They have significant resources behind them and some of the best people. It will be very interesting to see how well Rossi does there.

Don't forget that there will a VR46 bike on the grid next year - Luca Morini riding a Ducati.

Congratulations to Mir and Suzuki. Great to see Suzuki on top again.

Last edited by Moise; 11-18-2020, 03:46 AM.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
                                X