No announcement yet.

2020 Moto GP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Roberts took his third Moto 2 pole this morning. Go Joe!
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
      Joe Roberts took his third Moto 2 pole this morning. Go Joe!
      Awesome!

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Jack Miller's high-side in practice - tough man!
        Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

What the F*ck happened at the start of the Moto 2 race?

We know that Joe Roberts' crew failed to get his rear wheel on quickly in the mad rush to go to slicks from rain tires on the grid, and he got away late on his warm-up lap. The announcers said this would cost him his pole position, and he would instead get slotted onto the back of the grid. That did not happen. Instead they started the race while he was just starting to come down the front straight! So rather than starting at the back of the pack, it took him several corners just to catch the back markers. Credit to him for calmly and cleanly slicing through the pack to eventually finish sixth, but WTF? The MotoGP web site said nothing about it (probably embarrassed) ,though the race summary noted that he had to do a "pit lane start". Really? Was he ever informed of that? Was anyone?

Think about that. If he was told or led to assume that he would be gridded at the back instead of on pole, then that is what he should have got. In reality, his eventual starting time across the line was determined by HOW FAST HE RODE HIS WARM UP LAP, weird and in my view highly inappropriate- you should not encourage riders to essentially race on cold tires! If he was instead told or led to believe he would be doing a pit lane start, why did he not get directed into the pits? Instead he had to pass the freaking safety car going flat out!

I know this probably did not make much of a difference in the final outcome, but it might have. And of course as an American I want to see our boys treated fairly. And safely. Good thing the safety car driver did not change lanes...

G

Comment

MGPLM !

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
              What the F*ck happened at the start of the Moto 2 race?

We know that Joe Roberts' crew failed to get his rear wheel on quickly in the mad rush to go to slicks from rain tires on the grid, and he got away late on his warm-up lap. The announcers said this would cost him his pole position, and he would instead get slotted onto the back of the grid. That did not happen. Instead they started the race while he was just starting to come down the front straight! So rather than starting at the back of the pack, it took him several corners just to catch the back markers. Credit to him for calmly and cleanly slicing through the pack to eventually finish sixth, but WTF? The MotoGP web site said nothing about it (probably embarrassed) ,though the race summary noted that he had to do a "pit lane start". Really? Was he ever informed of that? Was anyone?

Think about that. If he was told or led to assume that he would be gridded at the back instead of on pole, then that is what he should have got. In reality, his eventual starting time across the line was determined by HOW FAST HE RODE HIS WARM UP LAP, weird and in my view highly inappropriate- you should not encourage riders to essentially race on cold tires! If he was instead told or led to believe he would be doing a pit lane start, why did he not get directed into the pits? Instead he had to pass the freaking safety car going flat out!

I know this probably did not make much of a difference in the final outcome, but it might have. And of course as an American I want to see our boys treated fairly. And safely. Good thing the safety car driver did not change lanes...

G
              I was so pissed! Despite all that he finished 6th. Nevertheless, he should have been on the podium. Someone f’d up but can not find any real news on it. Crash.net mentioned that he was even behind the safety car, which may need to be renamed now, lol, but no mention of that being a mistake or problem.
              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

breaking news: Cameron Beaubier is taking Joe Roberts seat in Moto2 next year. Roberts moves to Italtrans. Can't wait to see how Beaubier does!

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                  breaking news: Cameron Beaubier is taking Joe Roberts seat in Moto2 next year. Roberts moves to Italtrans. Can't wait to see how Beaubier does!
                  Just saw that! Two Americans in Moto 2... This is a trend I can embrace!

Comment

No Rossi this weekend, and probably not the next either.
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Baby Marquez representing!!
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                        Baby Marquez representing!!
                        [fastens tinfoil hat]

Anyone else think baby marquez is the first HRC rider to get a bike changed to suit him instead of Marc because he's baby marquez?

Comment

Working...
                        X