No announcement yet.

2020 Moto GP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One hell of a race, with history making results! Check it out!
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

What a day! Brad Binder and the KTM smoked the field. Honda, Ducati and Yamaha have a new problem to deal with! 2020 Ducati's had a miserable day, Zarco on the podium was the only thing they had to smile about. Fabio (6th) had no traction, and Maverick was 14th(!!??) Rins rode through a busted shoulder to put the Suzuki 4th and Rossi got 5th...

Meanwhile, Joe Roberts got himself on the podium in Moto 2... first such position for an American in the intermediate class since... 1996! (Kocinski).

I love this sport.

Comment

So different with Marquez out of the way.
        Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Binder was flawless, what a ride for a rookie! Great to see a new rider and maker up front - the factory teams looked pretty bad overall. Zarco deserved a big penalty and should not have been on the podium

Comment

Go Joe! What a weekend, MotoGp, WSBK and MotoAmerica!
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Wild race with looking out for some riders and one rider showing what his team can do with their lack of an offer to ride next season!
              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

CRAZY to say the least.

Talk about a crash!!!!

Luckily I was up channel surfing at 630 this morning and just happen to run across it on NBCSP.

Anybody know if there is a revised television showing schedule?
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I never seen so many motorcycles get totally blown into little pieces in a single day. I thought Moto2's big crash was bad but that MotoGP wreck was unbelievable. So damn lucky that nobody was critically injured or killed! Rossi looked like he had seen a ghost when he got off his bike...

Comment

I rewatched the race on YouTube It is a partial screen broadcast but better than nothing. Valentino dodged a bullet
                    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Ooops, already dropped from YouTube.
                      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Rossi and Vinales need to go and buy a lottery ticket ...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

So.... Suzuki. What was seeming to be another huge day for KTM ended up being a good day for Suzuki, that could have been even bigger. KTM's Espargaro was screwed by the re-start, as he was out of medium front tires and he said that he knew it was not going to go 20 laps on the soft, so his chance for a first victory was pretty much gone. That's no excuse for the dumb move that he made that took out fellow KTM man Olivera, who should go into writing blues songs (if it weren't for bad luck he would have no luck at all). Suzuki could have had a possible 1-2, but Rins tossed it after taking the lead (again). It was good to see Mir get second place, it has has been a long time coming.

The Suzuki now has better top end than everything except the Duc and the KTM. With that chassis, if they don't start winning soon they need to look for a new rider... maybe Dovi?

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                            So.... Suzuki. What was seeming to be another huge day for KTM ended up being a good day for Suzuki, that could have been even bigger. KTM's Espargaro was screwed by the re-start, as he was out of medium front tires and he said that he knew it was not going to go 20 laps on the soft, so his chance for a first victory was pretty much gone. That's no excuse for the dumb move that he made that took out fellow KTM man Olivera, who should go into writing blues songs (if it weren't for bad luck he would have no luck at all). Suzuki could have had a possible 1-2, but Rins tossed it after taking the lead (again). It was good to see Mir get second place, it has has been a long time coming.

The Suzuki now has better top end than everything except the Duc and the KTM. With that chassis, if they don't start winning soon they need to look for a new rider... maybe Dovi?
                            Suzuki electronics apparently have their "hole shot" package working. Killer off the start!

Don't think rider is going to make a difference if they can't get the HP numbers up though.

The Duc's pulled them easily down the straights and out of the corner.

Had it not been for Miller going wide in the next to last corner Mir would have came in third.

That's this race fan's humble opinion

An excellent race regardless
                            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

For those of you that didn't see the crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPrHj1nPt0

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Suzuki electronics apparently have their "hole shot" package working. Killer off the start!

Don't think rider is going to make a difference if they can't get the HP numbers up though.

The Duc's pulled them easily down the straights and out of the corner.

Had it not been for Miller going wide in the next to last corner Mir would have came in third.

That's this race fan's humble opinion

An excellent race regardless
                                At this track, even MM on the Honda has trouble getting around the Ducati. But elsewhere the Suzuki might be the best all around bike out there- except for maybe the KTM.
                                Here are top speed numbers from Austria-
                                Ducati: 195.4
                                KTM: 194.8
                                Suzuki: 193.8
                                Honda: 193.7
                                Aprilia: 193.7
                                Yamaha: 191.7
                                Note that the Yamaha set the fastest laps in qualifying- but you can't corner fast with a Ducati or a KTM parked in front of you!

Final thoughts: Yamaha must be super embarrassed that they can't seem to build a reliable bike, and the only other in-line four out there is much faster. Someone might be getting fired over there...

Comment

Working...
                                X