2020 Moto GP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Moto GP Discussion Thread

It felt so damn good to watch me some MotoGP yesterday!

The headlines were that Fabio got his first win and looked brilliant, and the Marquez once again proved that while he cannot be beaten by mere mortals on most days, he can certainly beat himself, and with a nasty broken arm he might have cost himself the 2020 championship. Really too bad because he was putting on an astonishing show, right up to that 1980's-era high-side. Can he come back from this?

Meanwhile, the fastest other guy in the race was rookie Brad Binder, who made a mistake on lap 7 that put him rolling through the kittie-litter and dead last. From then on he ran race-leader pace all the way to the end. On a KTM. Stay tuned!

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

wow it looks like some new aliens are arriving

interesting chat about MM high siding old school like that: why only him, and what happened to his electro-nannies? speculation Honda has an MM setting because he's such a freak

Comment

Marquez could have just managed the race and ridden to the win after he hit the front, but he prefers destroying rather than beating his foes. Tough way to learn that lesson, that bike hitting him was nasty and is what broke his arm. At least there is now some real question about who will win the title this year...

Comment

It did not look like he was being obnoxious in that corner; it looked like an electronics SNAFU while touching the apex paint.
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

82 GP Wins. 8 Championships. In 12 World Championship seasons. I think he's giving the lessons.
          tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
            82 GP Wins. 8 Championships. In 12 World Championship seasons. I think he's giving the lessons.
            Let's be clear: I am of the opinion that Mark Marquez is the most highly talented and skillful rider of the modern era, and probably ever. Part of that is his insatiable desire to win. Managing that desire is one of his few challenges he faces in dominating this sport. I really hope he is back soon because I love watching him do things on a bike that nobody else can do.

Comment

holy crap, looks like mm93 is going to try to race this weekend. most people would still be in tears from falling off their bike at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                holy crap, looks like mm93 is going to try to race this weekend. most people would still be in tears from falling off their bike at this stage
                Yeah, and Crutchlow and Rins will be out there too. Good docs, good drugs and big balls all around...

Comment

I finally watched the race last night. Crazy doesn't even come close. Yes, Quartarato won his first race but I doubt that's what it will be remembered for. Rossi had the good sense to pull completely out of the way!
                  "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                  99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Just watched Jerez 2. Painful to watch, if you have empathy for the riders suffering in the heat and enduring so many crashes. My last road race happened to occur at Seattle International on the hottest day ever there (107 f) and it was not fun, and I crashed, so I really felt their pain out there!

Quattararo is clearly in the drivers seat now, and it seems VERY unlikely that MM will be retaining his crown. The remaining tracks in this shortened season do not favor the Yamaha though, so thing can happen...

Moto 3 was fantastic, BTW.

G

Comment

Rossi on the podium was cool. He can still ride.
                      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                        Rossi on the podium was cool. He can still ride.
                        That was pretty cool. He was winning GP's before Fabio was born. Process that!

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

That was pretty cool. He was winning GP's before Fabio was born. Process that!
                          He has lost his youthful look, but no doubt, he can still ride

Comment

It's good to be French in Czech, I guess. Zarco(!) and Fabio 1-2 after Super Pole II.
                            Dovi and Miller did not even make it to Q2? Must be MUCH disappointment at the factory Ducati camp.

G

Comment

They complain about the slippery surface, and lack of edge grip after 5 - 6 laps.
                              Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X