Advantage Ducati. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage Ducati. Again.

The FIM-Dorna gang just released the 2020 season-opening rev limits for the various WSBK racing manufacturers. No surprises- the Ducati, already proven to be easily the fastest bike in top-end speed, gets a 16,100 RPM limit. The new and unproven Honda gets 15,600; the Yamaha and BMW are limited to 14,950; and of course the six-time world champion Kawasaki ZX-10R is held to just 14,600.

I can at least understand the powers that be getting really tired of KHI and JR kicking everyone's ass, it's not good for business. But Yamaha and BMW being this held back compared to the Ducati? WTF?

Really fair rules they got there, eh?

In other news, there is no longer a US WSBK round. Laguna Seca is off the calendar. Oh well.

G
    Last edited by gregness; 02-08-2020, 05:13 PM.
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Ducati is always shoving their bikes up your ass. The fastest, most exotic bikes in the world, I am sick of it.

Comment

Why do you think Ducati's cost so much
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Because they write lots of back-room checks to influential people?
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
          Because they write lots of back-room checks to influential people?
          Exactly
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

That's racing. It's all about the money.
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Kawi is King!
              Building bikes for fun.
              Imagine the rules if Harley wanted to join in, and had money. They would have to put square tires on everything else!
              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X