Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Show! "Who Gets Lorenzo's Ride?" Play Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Show! "Who Gets Lorenzo's Ride?" Play Today!

Choose:
    A. J. Zarco
    B. T. Nakagami
    C. Jon Rea
    D. Brad Binder
    E. Other: (Write In)

Zarco seems like the lock, since his being given the chance to ride the Honda now makes complete sense, as Honda probably believed this was coming. He is already looking faster than Nakagami, though Honda's penchant for giving their home boys a shot may over-rule those results. Jon Rea- I know, Why? (assuming Kawi would let him go) Here is an aggressive 5 consecutive time world champion who would be really motivated to try to win in MotoGP, and he has a Honda background. Plus, if you are settling for a place holder until suitable young talent can be signed...

As for Brad Binder, I personally think he is the best talent coming into the championship since Quatararo, (or maybe Marquez) and I am thinking Honda would LOVE to have him- but could they pay KTM enough to let him go?

My money is on Zarco...

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

You forgot Cal!
    tbolt

Comment

Originally posted by tbolt View Post
      You forgot Cal!
      I think Cal is on the verge of retirement... and he is already on a factory-spec bike with full support...

Comment

How about moving brother Alex up from Moto2?
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Sped is on to something. Watching qualifying and they are jibber jabbering that Alex will be Mark’s teammate!
          tbolt

Comment

Wonder if Alex is like his brother. Not a fan of #93
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

spedxprt wins a 32" tv for guessing correctly: it's the Marquez show at HRC for 2020

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93...sol-honda-ride

Zarco is apparently being offered an Avintia Ducati seat but doesn't want it because he think's they're shite like KTM
              Last edited by YYCZED; 11-18-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                spedxprt wins a 32" tv for guessing correctly: it's the Marquez show at HRC for 2020

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93...sol-honda-ride

Zarco is apparently being offered an Avintia Ducati seat but doesn't want it because he think's they're shite like KTM

Only a 32” TV?

Well, it will be interesting how the brothers get along while on the same team.
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

I am surprised! To be honest, I just don' think he is that fast. They probably just want to make Mark happy- he won't be leaving for another firm if his bro is his team-mate. And maybe they don't need another rider to manage that would actually be in competition with Mark.

Kudos to Sped though, he nailed it.

And nice of Gareth to contribute the TV to our winner!

G

Comment

Does anyone else think Alex is going to collect a giant paycheque for shutting the f*ck up while his brother wins another one on an unrideable bike made for Dani P? Think Reubens Barichello in F1 playing blocker for Schumacher...

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                      Does anyone else think Alex is going to collect a giant paycheque for shutting the f*ck up while his brother wins another one on an unrideable bike made for Dani P? Think Reubens Barichello in F1 playing blocker for Schumacher...
                      Totally. The fact, though unpleasant it may be for some to hear, is that Marc Marquez is so uniquely talented, experienced and motivated that Honda has gone to this ridiculous length to keep him on their bike. Think, based on recent non-Marquez Honda results, where they would be without him. Everyone else thinks the Honda is a total bitch to ride at most tracks. What would Ducati or Yamaha offer him to put all that talent on their bike?

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                        I am surprised! To be honest, I just don' think he is that fast. They probably just want to make Mark happy- he won't be leaving for another firm if his bro is his team-mate. And maybe they don't need another rider to manage that would actually be in competition with Mark.

Kudos to Sped though, he nailed it.

And nice of Gareth to contribute the TV to our winner!

G

Thanks, Greg, and Gareth for the TV

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Zarco has officially signed with Avintia Ducati, and made it clear he doesn't want to be there

“Besides, I do not consider that I have signed with Avintia, but with Ducati. My goal for 2020 is to be included no lower than tenth and join the official Ducati team in 2021.”

Comment

Working...
                          X