X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldgreykaw
    replied
    I met up with Tom Uhl and Jmac in Tulsa today while they transferred ownership of Jimmy's Connie to Tom and we discussed doing this. It looks like a great time. we had talked about trailering to Tom's in Denton and then riding down from there. I have found some air BNB's that are pretty reasonable right now but they will go up in price as we get closer.

Leave a comment:

• TomUhl
    replied
    I'm down for it..

Leave a comment:

• reidmct
    replied
    If you do your beer drinking in the RV, you may save enough money to pay the RV rental. Last time I attended, a beer was $8.

Staying onsite will save you hours per day of traffic jams. It can take an hour just to get out of the parking lot.

For those unfamiliar with Texas and Motogp: hat, sunscreen, and ear plugs are essential. Bring a water bottle; they have free filling stations.

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Hi folks,

Planning is in motion. Advanced ticket sales are live now, and I'm thinking I'll buy general admission and move between some corners. I've been asking people at work who attend every year, and they said the pit passes are neat but not great value if you're attending all the practice and race sessions.

One thing I'm considering is renting an RV and staying at the track Friday and Saturday night. I heard RV lot parking is cheaper, and it would increase my beverage-enjoyed-to-time-spent-in-vehicles ratio.

Right now I'm loosely thinking of arriving in Austin on Thursday and departing Tuesday.

Will it be the last COTA MotoGP appearance by VR46? Is Marquez going to win every lap he turns at COTA as usual? How is Zarco going to make out with his team of the moment?

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    replied
    Awesome, this is going to be fun!

Leave a comment:

• jimmymac
    replied
    Yes. If a group of ZZR members are meeting up, I'll make my plans around that.

Leave a comment:

• gregness
    replied
    Me and a buddy went a few years ago, bumped into NBK while there. We had a great time, great facility. I will go again, but it may not work for 2020. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Have to see if I can get time off from work.

Supposed to go to Mexico in March so may not have enough vacation time.

Leave a comment:

• dbsuperbiker
    replied
    Ooooo, I could be into that!

Leave a comment:

• spedxprt
    replied
    I am very interested and have wanted to go for several years. I will probably make a 3-4 day weekend out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
    Hi folks,

Every year I get taken by surprise when the COTA MotoGP shows up the first weekend in April.

2020 is going to be different: I intend to have tickets bought and flights booked before 2020 even arrives. (I'd prefer to ride there but my ice floe won't have reached shore by April )

Anyone else in for a ZZR weekend at COTA? BBQ and aliens on bikes, what could be better!
    If a significant number of people commit to coming, I might show up.

Leave a comment:

• YYCZED
    started a topic 2020 Austin MotoGP Planning Thread

2020 Austin MotoGP Planning Thread

Hi folks,

Every year I get taken by surprise when the COTA MotoGP shows up the first weekend in April.

2020 is going to be different: I intend to have tickets bought and flights booked before 2020 even arrives. (I'd prefer to ride there but my ice floe won't have reached shore by April )

Anyone else in for a ZZR weekend at COTA? BBQ and aliens on bikes, what could be better!
Working...
X