This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cota 1.jpg

Nice wide shoulder though.... and traffic won't be moving too fast..

cota 2.jpg
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Handy location next to the smoke shop...
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

House booked and now filled.

Me
        Amanda
        Tom Uhl
        Oliver
        Gareth
        Eric
        Aaron
        Bill
        Mark

Arrive Thursday and depart Sunday.

Total was $1803.82 with $1055.32 due when I booked.

The remainder of $748.50 is due in March.

If you commit to attend, I ask that you be able to pay your portion of the $1055.32 within the month of when I receive my statement.

The amount is $ 117.25 each.

I believe that is fair.

Looking forward to hanging out with all that can attend
        Last edited by BIG O; 11-29-2019, 11:35 AM.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Mike, thanks for doing this leg work. Cannot wait!

Here's our list:

Mike
          Amanda
          Tom Uhl
          Oliver
          Gareth
          Eric
          Aaron
          *provisional spot for spedxprt if he can make it

Texans, where's the best BBQ in Austin? That's my first stop

Comment

Please count me in!
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Color me green. Again.

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                Please count me in!
                Added you to the list Bill.

Glad you can make it

Check your PM's.
                Last edited by BIG O; 11-28-2019, 11:21 AM.
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Well, it looks like beds are filling up fast.

After doing the math it looks like there is only one single/twin bed left.

Just a heads up
                  Last edited by BIG O; 11-28-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                    Well, it looks like beds are filling up fast.

After doing the math it looks like there is only one single/twin bed left.

Just a heads up
                    I want it!

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                      Mike, thanks for doing this leg work. Cannot wait!

Here's our list:

Mike
                      Amanda
                      Tom Uhl
                      Oliver
                      Gareth
                      Eric
                      Aaron
                      *provisional spot for spedxprt if he can make it

Texans, where's the best BBQ in Austin? That's my first stop
                      I'm not sure about pure Texas BBQ (I think there are better options in Dallas/Ft. Worth area), but
                      Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ is the absolute best. It's not too far from Circuit of the Americas, either, due west on the same side of Austin.

They have a brisket fajita taco that is so damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

I want it!
                        Alright Mark!

You've been. added to the list.

Comment

O.K. peeps.

All of the beds are officially spoken for.

That being said, there might have to be some rearranging of the beds in rooms to accommodate everybody and their needs. Don't see an issue with that as long as we put all the beds back where they came from.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

I want it!
                            Great! Thanks for the bbq info as well. I'm sure Austin isn't super-Texas but since it's my first time visiting the state, it'll have to do

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post

Great! Thanks for the bbq info as well. I'm sure Austin isn't super-Texas but since it's my first time visiting the state, it'll have to do
                              Oh, Austin is Texas alright, but it is also a very unique part of Texas; there is no place else like it, even though it has grown way too much in the past 3 decades.

Anyway, as to barbecue, there are some fine choices in Austin.

One relative newcomer that is so hip and popular you have to stand in line outside is Franklin BBQ. People I trust say it really is good.

A much older, larger, and truly legendary spot is Stubb's. When I think about Stubb's 'que, I ponder if it is even possible to make it any better than they do. You may see Stubb's barbecue sauce in your supermarket; it certainly is tasty, but it is by no means the thing that makes the restaurant's offerings so stupendously good. No, sauce is just a condiment, and many diners at Stubb's don't even use it. The key to every best-of-the-best barbecue joint is the pit and the pit master. Stubb's pit is old and black and crusty. It is in a large outdoor room with screen walls. Its master is an old man who somehow seems completely unaffected by the intense, unrelenting heat. Never mind the Yelp rating that is a bit lower than several other places; this is real Texas BBQ.

If you want to venture just a bit farther afield and experience traditional barbecue in an equally traditional (read downscale) setting, go to the little town of Elgin, just up the road, and drop in to Southside Market. Meyer's, down the street, is also excellent, though I've never eaten there myself.

OR..... if you want seriously authentic ambiance, race down the 85mph toll road from COTA to the town of Luling, and go to City Market barbecue. No plates; your meat is sliced and presented on butcher paper.

You probably won't want to go all the way to Lexington, but I have to mention Snow's just because it is so outrageously popular. Only open a few days a week and people line up before dawn. They usually sell out before lunchtime even arrives.

There are other fine BBQ choices in Austin. I would stay away from Bill Miller's.
                              How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                              1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                              (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                              (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                              (c) I never worry much about anything.
                              (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                              (e) I love my wife and children.
                              (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                              From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Hey everybody.

I received my statement today.

Can you please send me your portion of the first reservation installment.

Amount of $117.25.

I have sent PM's with my mailing address to those attending.

I also have a Pay Pal account if that would be convenient for some. Should you use Pay Pal, please be aware that there are fees depending on what option you choose to send the funds. I think you have to send it "Friend or Family". Otherwise they charge me .30 and 2.9% of the transaction amount.

Should you have any questions, please shoot me a PM or contact me via text or phone call.

Sound good?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X