Mid-Season Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Season Notes

It was a busy two race event weekend, and the MotoGP summer break is here...

Meanwhile over in SBK, the KRT team and Jon Rea have come back from a 60 point deficit to take a 24 point lead, with his recent success and Bautista's crashes and slower pace on unfamiliar tracks. So recent reports of Mr. Rea's demise have been somewhat exaggerated. At Laguna Seca this weekend there is a good chance he will extend this lead. Though the Ducati clearly has more power, it is evidently a tough bike to ride fast (ask Chaz Davies). Meanwhile, kudos to Kawasaki and the team for making their bike better, and to Rea for riding it so well. Note that a close second recently has been the young Turkish rider (Raz), on the privateer Pedriciini ZX10R. I guess the Kawi is an easier bike to ride fast- there have been two all-ZX10R podiums in the last two events. Other WSBK bits- good luck to Michael VDM In his recovery from that nasty high-side, and adios and best wishes to Marco Melandri whose has announced his coming retirement at seasons' end. Finally, I think we can all agree that Tom Sykes got screwed by a dumb rule when he was denied second place and a front row slot for Race 2 when he crashed on oil laid down by his team-mate after the end of the Pole Race on Sunday morning- only because he was unable to get his messed-up machine back to the pit row within 5 minutes of race-end! That is a rule that needs to be changed NOW.

Back to MotoGP... barring a bad crash, MM93 will win yet another title, it is pretty clear. Partly because his former main competition (Ducati) has been pushed off the podium at recent events by the resurgent Yamaha's of Vinales and Quatararo, and the arising of the Suzuki's to true contender status. Personally, I would like to see MM93 jump on the Suzuki and go win on that for a while... (Note that Rossi has been way behind both is team-mate and the satelite Yamaha's in recent events- perhaps he should join Marco on the retirement beach after this year.)

We will see if a month off will deliver a Ducati that turns better or a Suzuki that has more top-end.

G

"The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

My tree has grown too tall and my satellite wont pick up BEIN most of the time now. I don't even try lately... I'll get it sorted soon enough.
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
      My tree has grown too tall and my satellite wont pick up BEIN most of the time now. I don't even try lately... I'll get it sorted soon enough.
      Dude, there is no longer any televised racing in the US any more. The only way to watch is on the web. We live in a weird country.

Comment

I watched Bein sports channel quite a bit this past weekend. Not for soccer ( I never have liked that stuff)
        but it was qualifying and races cover from most every
        class in MotoGP and WSBK. I have never seen that much coverage from any sports channel on skoots
        It was great. Sorry for y’all’s sat. issues
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Charlie, so Bein has the races this year? I guess I thought they were extinct, but maybe its just that they are no longer on Direct TV or Comcast out here in the West. How are you watching them? Dish? Piracy?

G

Comment

Working...
          X