Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 WSBK Results and Rule Change

Howdy,

This week had a few no-shows, which obviously hurts scoring. Kory was a no-show, but because he has filed a default order, he still picked up some points. After Race 7 (Misano), here are the standings:
    1. Gregness: 621
    2. Sped: 530
    3. Tbolt: 468 (no-show for Misano Race 1)
    4. Tyler: 381 (no show for Misano)
    5. YYCZED: 335 (no-show for Misano)
    6. Kory: 303 (no show for Misano but had default picks on file)

Race 2 was great- Raz showed remarkable speed on his Pucetti ZX10, and Rea had to really work hard to beat him on the last lap. Bautista's crash and Rea's two wins make the championship just a 16 point affair now, a far cry from the 60 point spread we saw in early May. Good to see Mahias put the old ZX6 on the podium in SS, first time in a long while. And when was the last time you saw an all-Kawasaki podium in WSBK? Ever?

Rule Change Proposal: From now on, if you forget to post your picks by race time the picks you had applied to your previous race will roll over to the next race, unless you have a standing default order on file. Since just about everyone but me has forgotten to post in time at least once this year, this rule change will probably help everyone BUT me... Feel free to comment.
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Greg, Tbolt posted his picks for Misano race 1 in the “WSBK This Weekend” thread. He picked Bautista, Rea, Lowes.

The rule change sounds fair to me to just roll over the previous picks. Thanks for keeping score and for the reminders!

Race two was awesome, and I did not think Rea was going to get by to win. The SSP was also great, Let the good times roll the podium! The 300 race was a demolition derby but also some great back and forth passing and Ana Carrasco was back on top on the podium with another win for Kawasaki
    Last edited by spedxprt; 06-24-2019, 12:39 AM.
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
      Greg, Tbolt posted his picks for Misano race 1 in the “WSBK This Weekend” thread. He picked Bautista, Rea, Lowes.

The rule change sounds fair to me to just roll over the previous picks. Thanks for keeping score and for the reminders!

Race two was awesome, and I did not think Rea was going to get by to win. The SSP was also great, Let the good times roll the podium! The 300 race was a demolition derby but also some great back and forth passing and Ana Carrasco was back on top on the podium with another win for Kawasaki
      Thanks for pointing out Tbolt's posting, I will revise accordingly!

Comment

Thanks Greg, I ended up being nowhere near an internet all weekend

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
          Thanks Greg, I ended up being nowhere near an internet all weekend
          That actually sounds pretty relaxing...

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

That actually sounds pretty relaxing...
            It was great, apart from my no-WSBK anxiety

Comment

Mid-Summer League Standings:

Well, I have the lead, primarily because as Commissioner I pay attention far more than anyone else. Good race for second place this year though!

1. Gregness: 787
              2. Sped: 675
              3. TBolt: 633
              4. Tyler: 620
              5. YYCZed: 455
              6. Kory: 323

Tyler made up a lot of ground by picking Raz to be on the podium at Laguna when nobody else did. Kory (and others) needs to update his default picks to reflect the return of Rea and the decline of Bautista.

So this Raz dude just may have Haslam's job by year-end, eh? Pretty sure Kawasaki will not want to see him on a Ducati, BMW or Yamaha next year.
              The ZX10R is now a pretty old design, and though it obviously continues to do well... Yamaha has a new R1 coming next year, Ducati and BMW are running new machines this year... will Kawi roll out a new bike for next season?

G

Comment

Working...
              X