Iom 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iom 2019

Been watching this week... Happy to see Dean Harrison win the Senior TT on his ZX10, after getting second place so many times. Hickman was faster on the BMW but leaking coolant cost him the win. Go Green!
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

a bmw leaking ?

Comment

Track records broken, as expected. It still fascinating to watch for me,even though
      I've been watching it for several years. I just don't see how they do that shit. Of coarse
      there's always some death to be had, which makes all of the skeptics go nuts.
      I hope to see it live some day, it would be a great trip I would think.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Hickman and Harrison where definitely the guys to beat.

I always seem to root for Hillier too.

Seems if you want to win you need to be on a zx10rr or s1000rr

Beamer's nice but certainly let Hickman down a few times this week,

First the spring that broke in his throttle and had to pull off,

Was already running stock backup motor in his superbike due to engine probs

and then not being able to rev over 11k because of cooling issues in senior cost him the win.

How come there's no fancy Italian/euro bikes running?

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
          Hickman and Harrison where definitely the guys to beat.

I always seem to root for Hillier too.

Seems if you want to win you need to be on a zx10rr or s1000rr

Beamer's nice but certainly let Hickman down a few times this week,

First the spring that broke in his throttle and had to pull off,

Was already running stock backup motor in his superbike due to engine probs

and then not being able to rev over 11k because of cooling issues in senior cost him the win.

How come there's no fancy Italian/euro bikes running?

Hicky won the Superbike race on his Superstock (production) bike with the Superbike suspension. He was going to ride it in the Senior because of the leaking coolant problem with the Superbike. However it seems someone thought they were cheating and the scrutineers stripped it completely. They couldn't get it back together in time for the race.

McGuiness was on a Norton and Rutter was riding a RC213V. But surprised no one rode the V4 Panigale given the power they make.
          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post

Hicky won the Superbike race on his Superstock (production) bike with the Superbike suspension. He was going to ride it in the Senior because of the leaking coolant problem with the Superbike. However it seems someone thought they were cheating and the scrutineers stripped it completely. They couldn't get it back together in time for the race.

McGuiness was on a Norton and Rutter was riding a RC213V. But surprised no one rode the V4 Panigale given the power they make.
            Yeah, I founded the absence of Ducati's (at least in the hands of top riders) was surprising. I wonder why... no sponsors I guess; they are not cheap to buy and maintain.
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Working...
            X