Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 WSBK Posting Thread

Post you picks here!

YYCZed up in the great white north already picked on another thread, but I will include his results and try to move his post over here. I will be posting in the morning after FP3.

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Like Gareth, I will not have consistent internet access this weekend, so here are my picks:
    For each SBK race;
    1. Rea
    2. Bautista
    3. Sykes

For SS: Cluzel

We shall see...

Comment

Interesting that Bautista has quickly figured out the Ducati V4 while Chaz struggles. Maybe because Ducati's WSBK bike is very, very similar to their MotoGP bike? If Duc is reliable, Rea is going to have fight hard to keep his title. The Duc likely has alot of head room for improvement. While the ZX10R is probably at the end of its development.

Phillip Island is a Duc track and Rea typically doesn't have great success there.

Superbike Race 1

1. Alvaro
      2. Rea
      3. VDM

tbolt

Comment

Okay, I posted last night and then thought about the Duc's big top speed advantage all night. I am revising my SBK picks to:
        1. Bautista
        2. Rea
        3. Sykes

If I can get access I may update my picks again after qualifying is over and the results of early races are in.

Agree with TBolt- strange how Chaz seems just lost on the new bike,

Comment

Race 1, Superpole Sprint Race, and Race 2

Rea
          Bautista
          Haslam

SSP

Krummenacher
          Last edited by spedxprt; 02-23-2019, 10:23 AM. Reason: I am keeping my line-up. Not ready to jump from the Rea train, yet.
          My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
          http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

I'll try to participate, feel free to laugh at my picks.

Race 1:
            REA
            HASLAM
            SYKES

Race 2:
            REA
            SYKES
            LOWES

SS: KRUMMENACHER
            --Kory--
            2008 C-14

Comment

Well that was interesting. I am changing my SS pick to Krummenacher, happy to leave my SBK picks as-is.

G

Comment

Sprint Race

Bautista
                Haslam
                Rea

Supersport
                The Inspector (Cluzel)

Race 2
                Bautista
                Rea
                Melandri
                tbolt

Comment

Crap. I waited too long. Hopefully I can find the races on the boob tube and at least watch.

Comment

Holy shite!

Bautista on the new Duc by 15 seconds
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                      Holy shite!

Bautista on the new Duc by 15 seconds

I think WSBK needs to give Rea back his missing 1200RPM

Comment

Well, Race 1 is in the books. As noted above, the combination of Bautista's talent and the new Duc's power left everyone in the dust. Rea managed his tire and pace to comfortably take second in all the races, and it was good to see Haslam doing so well as his main competition. The Yamaha's are closer than ever to the Kawi though. Obviously the BMW team has some work to do and the Honda gang even more so.

For those who are freaking out, remember that Melandri easily won both Phillip Island races last year over the rev-limited Kawi, and we know how things went after that. Also, Dorna will be reviewing and revising RPM limits after the first quarter of the season, and since the others are all pretty close in top speed, it will be a surprise if they don't lower the red line on the Ducati. Or maybe not, given history.

First race scoring is in the (hopefully) attached PDF.

Greg WSBKFL SCORING 2019 Race 1.pdf

Comment

I think it is complete bullshite to change the rules depending on how well a bike performs over another. I thought that was the whole point in racing? Set the rules at the beginning of the season, make them the same for all. Let the teams/manufacturers adjust from there.

As you all know i'm a big Ducati fan as well as Kawasaki. I didn't see SBK changing the rules when Rea/Sykes were so dominant over the last few years on a Kawasaki.

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG

Might as well handicap all of the teams to make it fair for Honda then

O.K. , rant over

Waiting to see how the next race as well as season pans out.
                          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                            I think it is complete bullshite to change the rules depending on how well a bike performs over another. I thought that was the whole point in racing? Set the rules at the beginning of the season, make them the same for all. Let the teams/manufacturers adjust from there.

As you all know i'm a big Ducati fan as well as Kawasaki. I didn't see SBK changing the rules when Rea/Sykes were so dominant over the last few years on a Kawasaki.

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG

Might as well handicap all of the teams to make it fair for Honda then

O.K. , rant over

Waiting to see how the next race as well as season pans out.
                            Mike- Last year the Kawi's of Rea and Sykes were rev-limited and they did not have a noticeable power advantage. They did have a serious rider advantage, and so won the title easily. I do agree that they should all be turned loose... but racing excitement would suffer as only a few factories are willing to keep up in the power war.

Comment

Yeah, that is true Greg.

I just hate seeing people win due to the handicapping of others.

As for rider advantage, there are so many variables I hate to even think about discussing that issue.

Let's put Rea on the Ducati and Bautista on the Kawasaki and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X