Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Superbike in 2019- Big Changes Coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Superbike in 2019- Big Changes Coming!

Change is coming to World Superbike, and it's a good thing. While around here we tend to love Jon Rea and the amazing success he has had on the ZX10, frankly the series has become pretty boring with his dominance. But this year serious challenges are arriving, in the form of additional factory teams and some new blood in the series. Notably:

- Ducati has unleashed its new, Moto-GP based V4 Superbike, and brought over MotoGP rider Alvaro Bautista to join Chaz Davies on their factory team.
    - After being absent for years, BMW is returning with a full factory effort, led by former Superbike champ Tom Sykes and former World Super Stock champ Markus Reiterberger.
    - Similarly, it appears that Honda is sick of being irrelevant, and HRC has joined forces with long-time racing partner Moriwaki to mount a serious effort with riders Leon Camier and Ryuichi Kiyonari, a hero of British Superbike.
    - A new Yamaha team with Sandro Cortese (last year's WSS champ) and Marco Melandri (who has won 22 WSBK races) will join the paddock.

What will this all mean? Knocking Jon Rea from the top step of the podium is a tall order, but the whole rest of the paddock is going after him with more money, new equipment and new riders.

It should be an interesting season- for the series and for the WSBK Fantasy League!
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Sounds great. I do like when more and more manufacturers participate in more types
    of racing. It just makes good since to the future of the sport and motorcycling in general.
    Plus, it's just more fun to watch.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Has anyone tried (motorsports-stream.com) to watch a race?
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
        Has anyone tried (motorsports-stream.com) to watch a race?
        Nope.

But if it works I'll have to give it a try.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Because BeIn is a flaming dumpster fire here in Canada, I think I may end up paying for both MotoGP and WSBK streams. What pisses me off is Dorna owns both series but they don't offer a video package deal.

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
            Because BeIn is a flaming dumpster fire here in Canada, I think I may end up paying for both MotoGP and WSBK streams. What pisses me off is Dorna owns both series but they don't offer a video package deal.
            I did see where Moto GP has dropped it's price from a month ago.

Down to $158 a year.

I think I'm going to subscribe the 1st or March.
            Last edited by BIG O; 02-11-2019, 12:41 PM.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Given that nothing else seems to work, I think I will end up paying the Dorna extortion for MotoGP as well. Allready bought the WSBK package.
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Sadly I havnt seen a race in about 4 years since all the channels shuffled things around. I keep hoping a deal will be done for my Sat but with the streaming scam I dont see that happening
                Last edited by JeffS; 02-12-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

FS2 iwill be showing MotoAmerica superbikes same day tape delay.

MotoAmerica is also doing a live stream package of all the race classes for $49.95. No details on if the races will be archived so you can watch them at any time.
                  Last edited by tbolt; 02-17-2019, 05:02 PM.
                  tbolt

Comment

Early testing times look promising for more competitive races among several manufactuers!
                    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

There's a new sheriff, on a new horse in WSBK and his name is Alvaro.

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/results/9...nday-session-2

tbolt

Comment

Sounds like a great upcoming season!
                        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X