No announcement yet.

What's New in Mark's World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m very sorry to hear of the passing of your father. I lost my dad over 20 years ago. He got sick at 66 and died at 69. I’m 67 now so it seems somewhat surreal. I feel your pain. Treasure your memories of your Dad, he will always be with you in spirit. Thanks for all you do for our little online community. Sending condolences and positive thoughts your way.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Wow Mark, sorry to hear of your dad's passing- he was younger than me, so it seems especially wrong! I understand your decision to not buy a replacement bike- I made that choice a couple of times in my life, only to go back and get another bike a few years later. Note- if you pick up with a significant other and she does not get the bike thing, it is far harder to get back into it than if you enter the relationship as a "rider". When I sold my last bike in 2001 and then bought my ZZR in 2005, my wife acted like I had gone a bit crazy! I will never have zero motorcycles again!

G

PS- thanks for all you do to keep the site running!
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Mark. That's only a year older than me. Glad you at least got to spend some time
        with him, even though short. I was able to work around a year more with my dad before he died in 04.
        Miss him everyday. He was my hero. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Mark.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

So sorry to hear about your father. It's never easy when a loved one passes (my father passed away 20 years ago and my mother 15). I was fortunate to get to spend time with my mother before she finally passed.

I'm sure you'll do what is best for you when spring rolls around.

If you need somebody to talk to give me a ring

Be safe my friend.
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Mark sorry to hear about your father’s passing it’s never easy take it day by day. As far as riding a motorcycle take that day by day been there done that they’ll be too hard on yourself if you get the urge by one doesn’t have to be the best of the best you know that you buy 10-year-old like the way you rip you’ll still be ahead of us love you brother peace

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Mark. Losing your father never leaves you. I think about mine all the time. He passed at 89, and was a keen motorcyclist for most of his life. He was my father and my friend.
              Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Mark, sorry for your loss. Lost my dad a couple of years ago. He was 72. Diabetes and a heart condition.....I think about him almost every time I ride. He had a Kawi 440 LTD that I'd ride when I visited him as a teenager. And music, I can thank him for my varied musical interests. There's a Flatt and Scruggs album in my collection that was his. Thanks for hanging around and mindin' the store.

Comment

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father, Mark. Thank you for all that you do for this site. I hope that someday you are ready to get back in the saddle again.
                  My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                  http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

So very sorry for your loss Mark. I lost my Dad at age of 19. Have thought of him each and every day the past 41 years. My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
                    2002 ZZR1200, 2007 VTX1800C, 1992 Stealth Twin Turbo

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Mark. I lost my father to cancer a few years ago, and it still sometimes doesn't seem real. Take good care of yourself

Comment

Sorry for your loss Mark. It is never easy to lose a parent, i miss my Mom every day.
                        sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

Its tough but whats good is the memories that stay with you. Mrs.Trout & I continue to celebrate the memories our parents and good friends often raising toasts or re-make a special meal we once shared. One friends shoes sit at our front door. Another's gifted Aloe plant lives on and we routinely give away its babies along with the story of that person. My mom wanted her ashes sent to all her friends to be spread around the world. Having done that I'd planned to take some with me on a trip to continue with the request. Upon the end of the 1st day however, I'd forgotten to spread them where planed so I planned a new destination for the 2nd day whereupon I forgot again. This daily new planning and forgetting went on and on for 4 days which was disturbing unit it dawned on me how much she enjoyed her last ride with me on the ZZR and really didn't want it to end. So I clued in that maybe her spirit had been toying with me and that possibly she just wanted to stay riding and as such continues to stay with me in a little pouch my tank bag. Cherish every day and those you're with both physically and spiritually.
                          Last edited by bctrout; 11-17-2020, 12:07 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sad news Mark. Glad to hear that you had made a specieal effort recently to spend some time with him. I'm sure he will carry that with him as he moves on. My Dad passed away some 15 years ago and I still carry his influence with me every day. They may be gone, but somehow speak to us on a regular basis.

As far as riding again, I hope you do what feels right. It's no small decision, it is risky business for sure. If that means that we won't be seeing you at rallys, well, that will be our loss. I have developed a respect for your desire to grow as a person and have drawn inspiritation from your efforts. I hope you keep on keepin' on, wherever that takes you. In the meantime, there may be some end of the year sales going on for leftover bikes.

Comment

My sincere condolences Mark
                              You were fortunate to be able to add some great memories of your dad just prior to his passing.
                              FWIW, whenever it's my time, I hope to go as quickly.

My dad survived two major strokes and lived his final 10 years unable to walk or speak coherently and needing 24/7 skilled nursing care. I don't wish that on anyone. As painful as it is to lose him at such a young age, it sounds like you had a lot of good memories with him. Relish those and don't feel like you have to make a lot of permanent life decisions right now. Just let yourself grieve and try to do things that are healthy for your body and soul. Drink less, exercise more, spend time with people who matter to you.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Sending hugs, prayers and good wishes your way.

Congrats on the new job.
                              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad 20 years ago after a 4-yr battle with cancer. He was 69.

We don't get a lot of time and it goes by quickly. Spend as much with your loved ones as you can and start on your bucket list early.

You were lucky to be there when he passed.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
                                X