• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need to rebuild my shop

Originally posted by dbsuperbiker View Post
    house....1300sf
    shop......3000sf
    That's what I'm sayin' Right?
    Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

the advice ive alwas been told about shop or garage is take the size you think you need x2 and you might be close

Comment

Ready to close it in next weekend...
        Attached Files

Comment

Sweet!
          KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

That is gonna be sweet Keith. I'll have to sell the house and move to get a shop building. Wouldn't bother me at all but getting the wife on board is a completely different story.
            Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Nice workshop. I went from well over 1500 square feet of garage to a slim 20x20 at my latest dwelling. Of coarse
              my last house was over 2800 square feet, garage separate ,and the one I'm in now is around 1200. Smallest house
              I've ever had. I miss my space.
              "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Comment

Originally posted by oldgreykaw View Post
                That is gonna be sweet Keith. I'll have to sell the house and move to get a shop building. Wouldn't bother me at all but getting the wife on board is a completely different story.
                It costs me... Every 6 months or so I have to let "Ellie Mae" get another critter... At least the chickens earn their keep, and they are too stupid to feel bad about eating them.

I'm thinking of letting her start boarding overstock from the local zoo, but I'm not sure our fences are high enough to keep in kangaroos. LOL

Doing detail work last weekend, hoping for the roof over the long weekend. I'm a lot slower on the upper parts these days than I was 30 years ago...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by eteach01; 11-21-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

After holidays, visitors, and the wettest January in over 100 years, progress has been slow but finally coming down the home stretch! Finally getting the metal roof on it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I went from one old guy with a nail gun to one old guy with a screw gun for a while...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, never too much space for man stuff...is that T111?

I feel blessed to have moved to both a bigger house and man space. I went without while raising the kids but now I'm digging having an empty nest.

Comment

Shade trees? Do they grow there?
                        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                          Looks great, never too much space for man stuff...is that T111?

Just OSB shear wall so far, planning on a t-111 type that is man made like cement board, holds up better in the hot sun here. Just finished the metal roof... I think I have to roll across the existing shop roof with metal first though, the shingles are failing fast.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                            Shade trees? Do they grow there?
                            Sure do! This is my little camping area in front of the shop.

I don't take credit though, my wife is the one that has the gift for growing things.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Love the Hardy board. Comes in sheets and planks. It's primed and paints up nicely

Comment

+1 with JeffS on the hardy board. I used Hardie planks on my shed. A friend of mine suggested I ask for discontinued or old (very) stock. The yard had no less than 10 full bundles of old corner damaged, uncovered, unwanted, unsold, etc. boards. I bought 1 bundle in 12 foot lengths for a 10x12 shed thinking there would be more waste from corner damage and the deal was extremely good. Bought the special cutting blade recommended and off to banging boards I went. Simple as ever, cut easily with the blade, looks great, painted extremely well. Ended up selling half the unused bundle to another buddy and he finished his shed with it rest. Looking back now 12 years since putting up the shed and it was a great choice on the hardie boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X