X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get DOWN everybody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5e...hx_Klg&index=6

Oh Baby!!

FIGHTING FOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set the Amp to ELEVEN.
    Sin's a good mans brother.

Re: Get DOWN everybody!

nice cover.

Hmmm... I remember buying that album when it was released!

Just reminded me of this....

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

I HAVE THE 8 TRACK!

Who are the kids in that video, they are talented?

Comment

Originally posted by dondiego View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5e...hx_Klg&index=6

Oh Baby!!

FIGHTING FOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set the Amp to ELEVEN.
        Not usually a Foo Fan, but that was EXCELLENT!

I hated Letterman... Glad he's off the air. He was an angry douche.
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I am TOTALLY a FOO fan, though never really liked Letterman.

That was cool. Dave G keeps finding new/old ways to rock. Like them or not they are the last of their kind, as far as I can tell.

G
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Well Dig...

It's 1966. The Haight. Telegraph Av. Sunset and vine. Any street scene, in any city... worldwide. I hit most of 'em - that you didn't have to swim - lol

You started by going there to watch the freaks. Now, two months later, you are one. You don't work anymore - can't get up cause morning is just the time when the vulgar daylight ends the party. You live on the street. You sell a little acid to the preppies to pay for food. But you eat most of it

It's not about money. Nobody will believe that - I know. But it wasn't. There was this counterculture... You wouldn't understand, so there's no point.

LOADED. At times, you can't see. Really. Just colors - swirling... The air is warm; the night, perfect. You watch as the street takes on a life of it's own. The people are just actors, in it...

Was it perfect? NO. It took a lot of people down, for the count. Was it heaven? In whose perception? There were moments, in mine, when it was... and then some. Even though it was chemically induced.

"... and what they gain, the glow erases, and what they lose, the glow replaces..." BOX TOPS - Neon Rainbow :)

Thank you, God, for your gift, which is this life. When I think of it - OR TRY - I fall silent. You do not need my words. You can see, inside my mind. I would be like You... if only I could.

And to those born too late, I apologize, deeply. I was a charter member of the SDS and the ECCSL. We made a few draft boards go bump in the night but powerless were we, before the monster. We were infiltrated, from the start...

When Kent State happened the revolution should have occurred. Their cowardice was revealed, instead. Unworthy, they went wanting. And so it is, to this very day. I tried. I failed. I am so very sorry.

You can listen to Black Sabbath all you want but you will never hear it, unless you were there.

Comment

Me myself and I never allowed ourselves to fall off quite that far ... But I was there too just the same ... along with my good friends Orange Sunshine and Purple Microdot ...

Wore out three eight tracks of Iron Man but I was more into these guys ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPMEgtZ--qQ

Very well put Mage .........
              . KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Originally posted by Mage View Post
                Well Dig...

It's 1966. The Haight. Telegraph Av. Sunset and vine. Any street scene, in any city... worldwide. I hit most of 'em - that you didn't have to swim - lol

You started by going there to watch the freaks. Now, two months later, you are one. You don't work anymore - can't get up cause morning is just the time when the vulgar daylight ends the party. You live on the street. You sell a little acid to the preppies to pay for food. But you eat most of it

It's not about money. Nobody will believe that - I know. But it wasn't. There was this counterculture... You wouldn't understand, so there's no point.

LOADED. At times, you can't see. Really. Just colors - swirling... The air is warm; the night, perfect. You watch as the street takes on a life of it's own. The people are just actors, in it...

Was it perfect? NO. It took a lot of people down, for the count. Was it heaven? In whose perception? There were moments, in mine, when it was... and then some. Even though it was chemically induced.

"... and what they gain, the glow erases, and what they lose, the glow replaces..." BOX TOPS - Neon Rainbow :)

Thank you, God, for your gift, which is this life. When I think of it - OR TRY - I fall silent. You do not need my words. You can see, inside my mind. I would be like You... if only I could.

And to those born too late, I apologize, deeply. I was a charter member of the SDS and the ECCSL. We made a few draft boards go bump in the night but powerless were we, before the monster. We were infiltrated, from the start...

When Kent State happened the revolution should have occurred. Their cowardice was revealed, instead. Unworthy, they went wanting. And so it is, to this very day. I tried. I failed. I am so very sorry.

You can listen to Black Sabbath all you want but you will never hear it, unless you were there.
                Wow you though thangs were bad then What about now?????????? Peace out bro,s

Comment

I really dig everyone's comment's.

Back then everyone was raging against the MAN. The music echoed our imagined frustrations while comforting us.

Letterman was good when he first started and after a while the "Hoosier" left him. I have ignored his show for the past 15+ years.

While not a huge fan of the FOO'S, I just had to share the performance.

Bring it everyone and let us know what makes you wanna git down.

https://youtu.be/0x6chChxzV0?list=RD...TEX31F08sfY7dA

Comment

I like this

'05 ZZR 1200
                    '05 ZG 1000

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post

Very well put Mage .........
                      :)

Comment

This threads got me going through some old stuff... man, there's a lot.

I'd take 1 Janis over 10 Taylors any day.....

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by dondiego View Post
                          I really dig everyone's comment's.
                          Back then everyone was raging against the MAN. The music echoed our imagined frustrations while comforting us.
                          Bring it everyone and let us know what makes you wanna git down.
                          The music that rocks my world and touches my heart is as varied as the number of country's that the sun rises upon every morning ...... It all depends on my mood at the time .........

And speaking of Janis ......

As I'm sure Mr. Mage remembers .. as I do .. before there were Hippies there were Beat Nicks. They would congregate in local coffee house's .. sing songs and read poetry smoke and pop pills as acid hadn't made that scene yet .. that was meant to enlighten ones perspective on the many fates of human kind and the evils of big government put upon the pepole.
                          We're lucky to still have with us a throw back from that era .. Long before there ever was a Bob Dylan there was Leonard Cohen ..
                          Now I understand that Leonard .. by most of you here will be hard to listen to .. but here is an account of his running into Janis in New York while staying at the Chelsea Hotel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7DOe5EGgM

"Giving me head on an unmade bed" ................. =^>
                          Last edited by DWC; 05-30-2015, 09:15 PM.
                          . KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Roky Erickson got it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OytJYBfwUk

Originally posted by Mage View Post
                            Well Dig...

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                              This threads got me going through some old stuff... man, there's a lot.

I'd take 1 Janis over 10 Taylors any day.....

That is dang fine. I just remember her placed on a chopper and getting pigeon holed into the biker scene.
                              Me and Bobby Magee was my favorite song from her. You are educating me. THANKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X