• Show
Clear All

Re: On this day ...

This was pretty important:

http://io9.com/how-the-sinking-of-th...y-n-1702800197

Comment

Victory Europe Day -1

Slower time I guess, took a whole day back then for news to travel...
      Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

Chris, GREAT picture of the VE DAY surender. WWII vets did nothing but save the world. Not many of them left. My dad along with 7 of my uncles served in in WWII.
        I AM 62 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 46 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

Remember
          Attached Files

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

You beat me to it Chris ..
            But I'm Glad you did ... A Continuing remembrance thread .. very fitting.

May they rest in piece ........
            . KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Winter Solstice 2015

Time for all you Celts to get naked around the bonfire! (Just wait a minute so I can spoon out my eyeballs first)

Comment

... the Alamo fell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfKhsGFzG9w

~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

Comment

.... Also on that date .... March the sixth ... Bob Wills and I were both born ........ =^>
                  . KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Bejar, Feby. 24th. 1836

To the People of Texas & All Americans in the World—

Fellow Citizens & compatriots—

I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna — I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a man — The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken — I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls — I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch — The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily & will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country — Victory or Death.

William Barrett Travis.

Lt. Col. comdt.

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Pop, pop, pop! Bom, bom, bom! throughout the day. No time for memorandums now. Go ahead! Liberty and Independence forever.
                      • Last diary entry Davy Crockett, (5 March 1836)

Comment

Working...
                      X