Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this day ...

Garryowen
    Last edited by CrazyTrain; 07-02-2013, 10:22 AM.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Re: On this day ... June 25th, 1876

yeah,the Americans kicked Serious ass that day.
    Arrogance will only get you so far,then it's pay the dealer.

Comment

No arrogance that day.

I recommend 'Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors' by Stephen Ambrose -

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Horse-Cu...rse+and+custer

~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

Comment

Thanks,love Ambroses stuff,I'll have to check that one out.
        Have you read any Debo? Try the Native perspective.

Comment

I have Robt Utley's 'Sitting Bull' on the shelf in hardcover, but haven't read it yet. I've been on a Roman history kick the last few months.

Since my first visit to Little Bighorn battlefield in '98 (before then I had no interest), I've read Greg Urwin's 'Custer Victorious', Ambrose's book, 'Son of the Morning Star' by Connell, Custer's own 'My Life on the Plains', and several others. I never seem to get tired of it.

Lots of regrettable things in history, but fascinating

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Cool,my next big acquisition regarding serious tomes is the Folio collection of Rome.
            I already have the Mesopotamians,Hittites,Babylonians,Persians and the Egyptians.
            Then,I got de-railed on the Chinese when they reared their persona and have yet to finish volume II of that work.
            I've got a bunch of early Spanish stuff still to read yet for my rocking chair daze and the Greeks if I ever get that bored.
            The Berbers,Knights Templar and other Monks of War,led me on a long journey several yrs. back.

and Then there's the English.Lots of time I Hope!
            Last edited by Shotgun; 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI

Comment

Thanks Danny!

8 more yrs. till I can roll a fatty and Really re-visit Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                  Cool,my next big acquisition regarding serious tomes is the Folio collection of Rome.
                  I already have the Mesopotamians,Hittites,Babylonians,Persians and the Egyptians.
                  Then,I got de-railed on the Chinese when they reared their persona and have yet to finish volume II of that work.
                  I've got a bunch of early Spanish stuff still to read yet for my rocking chair daze and the Greeks if I ever get that bored.
                  The Berbers,Knights Templar and other Monks of War,led me on a long journey several yrs. back.

A great series Jeff, and one I need to add to my bookshelves

Acute bibliophilia ain't for sissies - no e-readers or kindles for me

I'm finishing 'Hadrian' by Anthony Everitt right now, then on to either Goldsworthy's 'Caesar', or 'The Poison King' about Mithridates the Great. I love Half-Price Books ...

It's too hot to ride ;)
                  Last edited by CrazyTrain; 06-26-2012, 08:10 AM.

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

You guys should read Penthouse Forum.

Very informative
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                      You guys should read Penthouse Forum.

Very informative
                      I *write* those stories - some of them are based on you and your inmates, Mike

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

Didnt know Mike could read, thought he just looked at the pictures
                        It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Attached Files

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

My dad was a big history buff, although more focused than you lot . I lost him 2 months ago, and now have all his reading materials at my house. Early English, Chaucer and the like, and i remember him saying his interest waned after the First Crusade, but he was very into the earlier stuff. Even wrote his own stories based on the time frame, but I haven't found those in my digging yet. Your mention of the Knights Templar reminded me.

Comment

Originally posted by petezzr View Post

My dad was a big history buff, although more focused than you lot . I lost him 2 months ago, and now have all his reading materials at my house. Early English, Chaucer and the like, and i remember him saying his interest waned after the First Crusade, but he was very into the earlier stuff. Even wrote his own stories based on the time frame, but I haven't found those in my digging yet. Your mention of the Knights Templar reminded me.
                              Jacques DeMolay!

Comment

Working...
                              X