X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
    Looking for me?
    Hey Paul - nice to see you drop in. What’s new in your adventures?

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• All Quiet on the Western Front, waiting for this Covid19 to end so I can travel again, riding Zed all over the world.
      Paul"The Flying Dutchman"

Comment

• My 9 year old home built 4 core AMD 3.7 Ghz per core, 12 Gig's of ram with 5 terabytes of hard disc space and 6 Gigs of Ryzen GPU (I do a lot of CAD) is not compatible with Windows 11 because of no TPM or Secure Boot capability. The header pin spot is there, but no header is is soldered in. I could easily make the header pin, but don't know if I get the 20+1 chip, it would connect to anything. I have till 2025 before it is technically shut off with no security upgrades.

Time to finish the 8 core computer I started 2 years ago. I kept kicking that can down the road because my present computer has worked so well for the last 9 years. I've only had to re-solder the MoBo twice. Se la vid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kawasakian View Post
          My 9 year old home built 4 core AMD 3.7 Ghz per core, 12 Gig's of ram with 5 terabytes of hard disc space and 6 Gigs of Ryzen GPU (I do a lot of CAD) is not compatible with Windows 11 because of no TPM or Secure Boot capability. The header pin spot is there, but no header is is soldered in. I could easily make the header pin, but don't know if I get the 20+1 chip, it would connect to anything. I have till 2025 before it is technically shut off with no security upgrades.

Time to finish the 8 core computer I started 2 years ago. I kept kicking that can down the road because my present computer has worked so well for the last 9 years. I've only had to re-solder the MoBo twice. Se la vid.
          It appears Windows 11 is going to be a disaster. M$ is doing what they did with Window 8. Obviously the "industry" is in the need to sell new hardware. So, they all get in a room (MS, Intel, AMD, NVidia, etc.,) and say, "hey MS" its time to change your OS to force people into buying new hardware. Meanwhile, IT techs like me go through hell trying to support it! Glad I'm 6 years away from retiring.

Comment

• Bump.

Earlier this year I was completely stressed out having committed to a week riding in CO with my cousin and my local Houston tripping buddies planning a week's riding somewhere and expecting me to do that, too.

Stressing is NOT the reason I ride.

I nixxed both plans, reduced the CO trip to a fly-up-and-visit, and set myself to achieve a couple financial goals by this time next year. My reward next year for being a good boy? A new ZX-14R.

The 14R is returning as a 2022 model in the States so the supply will not dry up just yet.

I already spoke to DWC; my ZZR1200 will go spend a month with him in Fort Worth next year and get a full refit. Then I'll have two awesome bikes

I took the old girl out for a ride yesterday and ticked over 75k miles. She runs like a champ.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan to me, so you will owe the 2 best bikes of the world, congratulations.
              Paul"The Flying Dutchman"

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                Sounds like a good plan to me, so you will owe the 2 best bikes of the world, congratulations.
                Come visit

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

• Originally posted by MRR060 View Post

It appears Windows 11 is going to be a disaster. M$ is doing what they did with Window 8. Obviously the "industry" is in the need to sell new hardware. So, they all get in a room (MS, Intel, AMD, NVidia, etc.,) and say, "hey MS" its time to change your OS to force people into buying new hardware. Meanwhile, IT techs like me go through hell trying to support it! Glad I'm 6 years away from retiring.
                  I just hate going through all the software migration stuff. My software is worth way more than any computer I buy. Photoshop never migrates properly and wants me to buy it over again. I won't rent the newest version, pockets aren't deep enough for that. I have my CAD programs on discs so that should be O.K. It's a freakin' pain in the butt though.

One of my 3D models I designed. Star Trek XCV 330. It unfolds and can be made into a paper model. I haven't released it though, probably won't as another guy made a really excellent one, and his is ready to go and model is already available, for FREE,
                  here: http://www.insanityunlimited.com/modelplans/

Instructions here:http://www.insanityunlimited.com/gal...odels/xcv-330/ .

Actual Paper model by THALES:

XCV330 ny THALES.JPG

My CAD Model

XC330Proj.jpg

Comment

• Very cool. You are right about the software. I hate Adobe as bad as M$. Their licensing model is a pain in the ass. I get to test Windows stuff before it comes out and I have ignored their request on 11 so far. Mainly, I'm covered up getting ready for the Fall semester. Since everyone is coming back full swing this year, I have tons of work to do before now and mid-August when classes start.

Comment

• I like to ride motorcycle very fast in the twisted It relaxes me. Peace

Comment

• Same here. I have some routes that I have been riding for the last 30 years. On top of the beginning of the Berkshires, these roads are never used, and maintained well. Horse country, beautiful and some stretches go on for 8 miles without a stop sign in sight, weaving through the border of New York and Connecticut. Great places to open up on. Some turns that if you can take at 40 mph, means you're good!

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
                          Bump.

Earlier this year I was completely stressed out having committed to a week riding in CO with my cousin and my local Houston tripping buddies planning a week's riding somewhere and expecting me to do that, too.

Stressing is NOT the reason I ride.

I nixxed both plans, reduced the CO trip to a fly-up-and-visit, and set myself to achieve a couple financial goals by this time next year. My reward next year for being a good boy? A new ZX-14R.

The 14R is returning as a 2022 model in the States so the supply will not dry up just yet.

I already spoke to DWC; my ZZR1200 will go spend a month with him in Fort Worth next year and get a full refit. Then I'll have two awesome bikes

I took the old girl out for a ride yesterday and ticked over 75k miles. She runs like a champ.
                          Great to hear, Chris.

Wow the 14R is coming back? What color are you gonna get?

Comment

• I'm leaving Braintree (PayPal) today to start as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Greenlight, a series D startup based in Atlanta. Opportunity for big impact, stock options ($$$), smaller company/team (less red tape!), and I believe in their product (wish I had it as a kid).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              I'm leaving Braintree (PayPal) today to start as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Greenlight, a series D startup based in Atlanta. Opportunity for big impact, stock options ($$$), smaller company/team (less red tape!), and I believe in their product (wish I had it as a kid).
                              Congrats Mark!
                              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Jimmymac.....calling Jmac.......pm me you number buddy I need to catch up then bend you mech ear

Comment

Working...
                                X