X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
    Post Ho!
    I learned from the best! Hi Mac Daddy!
    "16, I found my dream machine-turned the key and every light turned green-like Steve McQueen I made that motor scream and it was LOUD!"

Comment

• You stud.
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by PinkieWerewolf View Post
        The photo.
        I would go south and behind enemy lines for that

Comment

• Yesterday was a spectacular day for a ride here in Central PA.
          2020-09-06 sunrise.jpg

My riding buddy got a BMW R1250RS this week and off we went on a 385 mile jaunt to north central PA. There are a couple of entertaining mountain "passes" we like to hit. Well, I had my biggest moment ever, certain I was headed for the weeds. This is on a posted 45 actually 60-70 mph stretch. I was about 100 yards behind when he threw is left leg to indicate the hazard. I was distracted by the road cyclists who were looking at me, a bit oddly I thought. Setting up outside inside outside when I saw the extent of the hazard in my line and made as much of a correction as I could. Ended up quite wobbly headed for the farrrrr outside before regaining control (lucking out really) after hitting a large patch of big gravel, not the small grit we often cross. YIKES No doubt washed out of Haines Rd. Odd that it was the only gravel issue we had all day. I guess the cyclists were waiting for the big wreck...... Later we switched bikes. The R1250 is interesting. First time on an R bike. That thing is torquey! Suspension felt great but the handling would take some getting used to. All in all a great day with a good wake up call.

2020-09-06 biggest moment ever.jpg

Comment

• A place where I used to live a lot of cyclists would come through every saturday morning and tear it up a little (was a great road) well one of the assholes in the area would deliberately shovel gravel into the road at one of the corners trying to get people to crash. There were some real shits living in Oregon.
            Mostly Stock '03
            Support a starving author!
            www.vanstry.net

Comment

• Just doing some window shopping. Oh my.:
              https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...-SE-5015001426
              2018 ZX14 SE.jpg

Comment

• VERY NICE!

I see they advertise the racks for the cases.

Any idea if the cases come with it?

.......................and it's located close by you too

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Cases, don't know. I'd think they'd list them if included. Yeah, can't get much farther away. Bad time of year for fly and ride. They'd need to do a much better deal to move me off a new 1000 sx. Love that paint scheme.

Comment

• Glad you got through OK.

My last pucker moment was a hairpin on a mountain road somewhere in VA. Came in a little too hot, hit the brakes hard and the rear end danced a little bit. Let off the brakes and turned, just got through w/o lowsiding. It was a long way down.

Still shopping eh?

Comment

• Yes, preliminary shopping research. Got some funds set aside but .....waiting to see how the new year pans out economically. In the running, new Ninja 1000SX or used ZX14R. An already set up for touring ZX14 at a good price would sway me off a new 1000SX. Quite likely this will be the last bike I buy. I keep vehicles forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by slayman View Post
                        I just got wood :drool:
                        sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

• I like it too! But I’m partial to the 14’s - what’s not to like.

You should look north of the border. They seem to be cheaper in Canada and you automatically get a 35% advantage with the US / Can dollar exchange rate. Lots of low mileage 14’s for sale up here for under $10g’s Cdn. That’s about $7g’s in US funds.
                          Last edited by NotDeadYet; 12-30-2020, 03:56 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• An in person inspection/ride could be tough right now. Perhaps I should visit you, take an extended test ride and maybe ride it home.

Comment

Working...
                            X