This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Just got the results back from Xrays done May 13. Osteoarthritis - left hip. Good thing I bought this damned truck :)
    Long days in the saddle = bad.
    It's just a sign of getting old Chris. I've had 3 knee surgeries, two on the left knee and one on the right. I've broken my right collar bone twice and my left wrist twice. I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints. For the most part I just take some extra strength Tylenol and ibuprofen together to ease the pain and reduce the inflammation. When I'm skiing, riding, hiking or doing any strenuous or repetitive activities my drug kit is always on board.

The chronic and trigger pain in my left wrist got worse over the past few years and last fall after riding season and before ski season I elected to have the wrist fused. The surgery went well and the chronic pain is gone. The movement in the wrist is mostly gone too but I've learned to work with it. I have test ridden it locally but I haven't been on an extended road trip since the surgery. I guess this riding season will be the test. Good luck in keeping yours under control.

If it gets real bad you might be looking for a hip replacement when you get to be as old as me.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
      Just got the results back from Xrays done May 13. Osteoarthritis - left hip. Good thing I bought this damned truck :)

Long days in the saddle = bad.
      What the hell are we going to do when we do get "old" ?
      I had the ole back surgery 11 years ago. Glad I did or I would
      have a ZZR1200 powered wheelchair by now. It doesn't really
      give me too much grief these days but I am glad I had it done back then.
      3 herniated disk and one calcified disk. Good luck CT with your medical
      modifications and recovery.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Working...
      X