Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worthless banter thread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JeffS View Post
    FYI the C14 is going up for sale in a week or so. Sadly the wifes chronic illness and our lifestyle change have pretty much brought our two up and big riding days to an end. Ill keep the ZZR and just buzz around within a day or so for fun. I figure if things change ill buy anewer one....
    I’m sorry to hear of your wife’s health challenges. Best wishes to both of you in that regard.

    The ZZR will still give you your fix when you need it.


    "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post

      I’m sorry to hear of your wife’s health challenges. Best wishes to both of you in that regard.

      The ZZR will still give you your fix when you need it.
      Yes it will....thx Scott we are good and will adapt.

      Comment


      • I should sell my ZX14R. I throw that connie around like a little dirt bike.
        KN, this ride's for You.

        http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
          I should sell my ZX14R. I throw that connie around like a little dirt bike.

          Comment


          • That was 2 years ago. Peace

            Comment


            • Well, officially started vacation today

              Fucking back went out on me on Monday

              Been off from work since.

              Been to the Chiropractor three times in four days and marginally better

              Just got two scripts, one steroid pack and one muscle relaxer.

              Not too keen on pills, guess we'll see how it goes.

              I guess the good news is that an x-ray didn't show any spinal issues, not even arthritis.



              Gotta get healed up by next weekend. Planning a float trip down the Current River in Van Buren, Missouri.

              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

              Comment


              • BTW

                I've never noticed this emoticon before?????????????

                Has it always been here?



                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                  BTW

                  I've never noticed this emoticon before?????????????

                  Has it always been here?


                  for years and years!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mark View Post

                    for years and years!

                    Hmmm.

                    Guess I never noticed it until today for some reason.

                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                    Comment


                    • My arm comes out of the brace next Friday, but it'll still be 4 months more of healing before I can ride. *sigh* missing the whole summer and most of the fall.
                      Mostly Stock '03
                      Support a starving author!
                      www.vanstry.net

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BIG O View Post

                        Hey Chuck!



                        SSDD here.

                        What's up in your world?

                        Still riding?

                        Same bike?

                        How's retirement treating you?
                        Hey Mike. It's as well as can be expected around here. But seems every time I get two up two rungs on the ladder...something comes up and I get knocked down one or two.
                        Yes....still riding but not near as much as I'd like to.
                        Same bike ? hmmm...I sold TourTaz II awhile back to Jeff down in TX. That was my original '08 Connie. Since that time, I bought Waxon's Waxon...the super, heavily modiifed '08 Connie. And I also have a '13 total stock Connie I picked up at a great price with only 5k miles on her.
                        Retirement is so "under-rated"....I should have done it 20 years ago. LOL !!! Like I could have....right ?

                        Hope your back gets better quick. I dis-like taking pills of any sort. I'm not sure you're real familiar with chiros...but they like to bring you in often and adjust you a little bit at a time. Personally, my neighbor is a chiro and his office is in his backyard. It's actually a really nice setup he has. But I just ask him to give me the "full strength adjustment" and "wam-bam-thank you mamm," I'm all fixed.

                        How much longer until you call it quits ?
                        I see you're riding a BMW now. I hope to ride with you so I could run circles around you. KAWI Rules !!!! LOL !!!
                        See a Nascar race in Dover and support the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                          Hi Chuck! Hi Mike!
                          JMAC !!! Miss you buddy. Catch you on FB once in awhile....looking good bro.
                          See a Nascar race in Dover and support the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
                            Who’s this Moto guy? I shared a room in Bigfork Montana with a guy named Moto many years ago. This can’t be the same guy can it? That guy hasn’t been active on this site in years. Chuck good to hear from you dude. I hope all is well in your world.
                            Hey Scott...wow...that was many, many moons ago. That was an epic rally. Yeah...I don't know why I fell off this site. No excuse.
                            All's well here. Just keep trucking along.
                            See a Nascar race in Dover and support the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Moto View Post

                              Hey Mike. It's as well as can be expected around here. But seems every time I get two up two rungs on the ladder...something comes up and I get knocked down one or two.
                              Yes....still riding but not near as much as I'd like to.
                              Same bike ? hmmm...I sold TourTaz II awhile back to Jeff down in TX. That was my original '08 Connie. Since that time, I bought Waxon's Waxon...the super, heavily modiifed '08 Connie. And I also have a '13 total stock Connie I picked up at a great price with only 5k miles on her.
                              Retirement is so "under-rated"....I should have done it 20 years ago. LOL !!! Like I could have....right ?

                              Hope your back gets better quick. I dis-like taking pills of any sort. I'm not sure you're real familiar with chiros...but they like to bring you in often and adjust you a little bit at a time. Personally, my neighbor is a chiro and his office is in his backyard. It's actually a really nice setup he has. But I just ask him to give me the "full strength adjustment" and "wam-bam-thank you mamm," I'm all fixed.

                              How much longer until you call it quits ?
                              I see you're riding a BMW now. I hope to ride with you so I could run circles around you. KAWI Rules !!!! LOL !!!
                              I hear you about the rung thing. As long as you are maintaining the status quo I guess that's better than nothing.

                              I remember you selling your bike to Jeff but couldn't remember what you replaced it with.

                              Yeah, I'm not riding as much either. I took a promotion several months ago (to Sergeant) and it changed my days off to Thursday and Friday instead of weekends. That being said, not many people riding on the weekdays.

                              The BMW suits me fine. Very similar to the ZX 14 that I had for 7 years. Maybe just a little more refined but less HP. I can still do 400 mile + days in relative comfort and handles well enough in the twisty's. I could have went with another ZX 14 but wanted to try something different and had always lusted after the K 1300 s HP when they came out in 2012 so went that route.

                              It's been a full week since my back went out and I have had three adjustments. I'd say am at 75% now. Don't know which helped more, the adjustments or the natural healing process. I'm sure both have been beneficial. I go back again Tuesday and Thursday. As for the meds, I took one flexeril and all it did was put me to sleep. Didn't relive any of the muscle spasms so gave it up. Still have a couple days of the prednisone left. I think by the end of the week I'll be close to 100%. Hope so, back to work Monday.

                              As for retirement, I'll hit my BIG 20 year anniversary next month. Five more years to do. My outdate is August of 2024. Key is that at 20 I get my medical and my pension formula goes to 2.5% for each year worked. Retire before 20 and it drops to 1.67%. That 1% does make a difference over the span of 20 years.

                              A couple of pics:

                              DSC02034.JPG

                              Amanda and I stopped somewhere along the PCH last year.

                              DSC01700.JPG

                              2017 RSV 4 RF:

                              DSC01687.JPG

                              That all I got.

                              Really wish you could make it out east some time.

                              Many great roads to be ridden in Georgia and Arkansas.



                              Be safe my friend.





                              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X