Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate recoveries. You end up changing nearly everything about your life. Good luck Banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banner View Post
      Tomorrow the bandages come off and I get to see the scars. Then it's into a brace for a few months...
      Gonna have to buy a car with an automatic, don't think the police will take kindly to me driving a stick with only one hand.
      Have you considered an electric vehicle?

Comment

• Originally posted by mehush View Post
        I hate recoveries. You end up changing nearly everything about your life. Good luck Banner.
        just don't change the avatar
        "Somebody's gotta be unafraid to lead the freak parade" -- Big and Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post

Have you considered an electric vehicle?
          Nope, I'm an engineer, I know better!
          Mostly Stock '03
          Support a starving author!
          www.vanstry.net

Comment

• FC643AB4-392B-4011-ABEE-2EB11FD40DE3.jpegMy current situation, hopefully I will be able to ride without pain and swelling once I heal up. I had two knuckles cleaned out and stem cells injected to counter the effects of arthritis that is fusing the joints. The pain killers are working
            6F2DC7A0-5D1C-42BB-AA85-214DA3D5404E.jpeg
            Attached Files
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

• Man you guys are getting OLD. peace

Comment

• Originally posted by Banner View Post
                Well I did just turn 60 last week
                Shit, don't remind me, I'll hit that number this fall. Damn, getting old does suck.
                "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

• Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                  My current situation, hopefully I will be able to ride without pain and swelling once I heal up. I had two knuckles cleaned out and stem cells injected to counter the effects of arthritis that is fusing the joints. The pain killers are working:
                  Damn that sucks. The chronic pain of arthritis is no fun. I have it in my left wrist and I have been on the surgical list for over a year now. They want to remove a bone in my wrist then fuse the wrist itself with a metal plate and screws. I’m not really keen on the whole idea. I also made the mistake of watching the surgery on YouTube. I keep putting it off. I’m afraid I may just be trading one kind of pain for another.

I am turning 66 soon - getting old isn’t for sissies or the faint of heart.
                  Last edited by NotDeadYet; 06-09-2019, 09:03 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• Hi again all you Dillbags! Been gone a while and just saying hi to all who have the misfortune to know me!
                    Having given up two wheels about a year and a half ago and suffered through a superb Summer here in Scotland last year I finally had to scratch the itch again! Smart at 67? Dunno! Guess we shall see! If I fall off you'll be the first to get the laughs assuming it ain't fatal.
                    The dumb part of the tale is that while browsing surreptitiously on dealers sites, what did I see but my very own old lady back again having had only 1.2k added since I sold her? I covered about 24.5k on her in the States and here. Long story short.. I bought her back! Waiting for a valve check and new chain and sprockets/plugs and noo shooz!
                    I tried the downsize to a Tiger Sport and it didn't take? Some of us seem to just need that heavy old bitch thing? LOL
                    Anyways, just wish I had some of you crazies to hang out with sometimes. Lots of great memories go with this bike. Could have picked up newer and shinier but... crazy as it is I wanted my baby back!
                    Will come back with some pics soon. Meanwhile see you in the funny papers! Dave. PS.. Merle, hope you get sorted on a fix! If anyone will it is you!
                    Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
                    A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

• Originally posted by philabeg View Post
                      Hi again all you Dillbags! Been gone a while and just saying hi to all who have the misfortune to know me!
                      Having given up two wheels about a year and a half ago and suffered through a superb Summer here in Scotland last year I finally had to scratch the itch again! Smart at 67? Dunno! Guess we shall see! If I fall off you'll be the first to get the laughs assuming it ain't fatal.
                      The dumb part of the tale is that while browsing surreptitiously on dealers sites, what did I see but my very own old lady back again having had only 1.2k added since I sold her? I covered about 24.5k on her in the States and here. Long story short.. I bought her back! Waiting for a valve check and new chain and sprockets/plugs and noo shooz!
                      I tried the downsize to a Tiger Sport and it didn't take? Some of us seem to just need that heavy old bitch thing? LOL
                      Anyways, just wish I had some of you crazies to hang out with sometimes. Lots of great memories go with this bike. Could have picked up newer and shinier but... crazy as it is I wanted my baby back!
                      Will come back with some pics soon. Meanwhile see you in the funny papers! Dave. PS.. Merle, hope you get sorted on a fix! If anyone will it is you!
                      Way cool!!

Glad to hear you're back on two wheels and its with your old dancing partner!
                      tbolt

Comment

• Thanks Brian! Hope you and yours are still whooping it up in LFK! Miss y'all!

Comment

• Far out, Dave! I kept the Connie, but just had to have another 14, an RRRRRR this time. Such a hoot!
                          KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

• Hey James! Glad I am not the only addict! Gets harder for this old body to take but the pain is worth it!

Comment

• I need to come to Scotland and ride with you
                              sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

• Way to keep ridin’ Dave, congrats on hookin’ up with your ol’ girl
                                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Working...
                                X