This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mehush View Post
    Fantastic Mike. Now go get yourself a big box of Goodies Headache Powders, you're gonna need it.
    They gave me OC spray to use instead when I have a headache
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Yeah Jeff.

Should bump my retirement up about $500 a month.

That's the upside.

Downside is that I am now back to the 3p-11p shift with Wed/Thur off after waiting 20 years to get to the 7a-3p shift with weekends off.

After 4 months (probationary period) I can at least get back to weekends off on 3p-11p or middle of the week days off on 7a-3p.

I've got 5.5 years left and seriously doubt I'll see weekends off on the 7a-3p shift before I retire. The few Sergeants with seniority on me have about the same amount of time left so we'll all be retiring within a few months of each other.
      Well the bump is all its about at this point. Time to start looking for that new place and make it a vacation home

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS View Post

Well the bump is all its about at this point. Time to start looking for that new place and make it a vacation home
        The bump is nice for retirement but is also nice to have for the next 5.5 years. Give me a chance to possibly pay a bill off early and/or just add to my savings.

At this time not looking for a vacation home but actually relocating entirely.

Only major issue is as of now that Amanda has 10 years left before retirement.

Also, when I say 5.5 years I should be saying 1.5 Governors
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Where u looking to relocate

Comment

• Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post
            Where u looking to relocate
            As of now, somewhere in the northern Georgia area.

Someplace with some nice twisty roads but located close enough to some nice lakes.

Figure I could ride my bike to the lake and then get on the boat

It'd be nice to have a place for people to stay that wanted to come down and ride or ride and hang out at the lake.

It's still a ways away but for now it sounds good.
            Last edited by BIG O; 02-13-2019, 12:24 AM.

Comment

As of now, somewhere in the northern Georgia area.

Someplace with some nice twisty roads but located close enough to some nice lakes.

Figure I could ride my bike to the lake and then get on the boat

It'd be nice to have a place for people to stay that wanted to come down and ride or ride and hang out at the lake.

It's still a ways away but for now it sounds good.
              I started looking for my new place about 5 years before retirement. We used our 2west rallies and a few days after the rally to scout out locations. About two years out we narrowed it down to the state and several locations in the state. I found this place a year out and was very fortunate to buy it 8 months early. That sure made the move and the sale of my old house easier. I also found my last 5 years was the hardest to get through mentally.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                I also found my last 5 years was the hardest to get through mentally.
                That's bad news.

The first 15 of my 20 years were been bad enough.

Comment

• The only rippppin I've done since 1/1/19 was on that table saw you see in this photo. PMS has set in. 5-7 inches of snow expected tonight.
                  IMG_20190228_101040.jpg

Comment

• When was that photo taken? Looks sunny and warm considering short sleeves.

We just got another 2" of snow today and supposed to be low around 7 with a high near 25 tomorrow

Comment

When was that photo taken? Looks sunny and warm considering short sleeves.

We just got another 2" of snow today and supposed to be low around 7 with a high near 25 tomorrow
                      2/28/19.....in Juarez Mexico

Comment

• Originally posted by slayman View Post

2/28/19.....in Juarez Mexico
                        Saw the Mexican construction workers so I thought maybe it was southern Cali

Comment

• Got this email today.... Should I open the attachment??

"do the needful"..

Good day
                          We have finally remit the total amount of US$ 25,350.00 to your company account.
                          Details of our payments are as follows:
                          Dec'18 : US$10,000.00(50% disc. For R008 & R018) =
                          Jan'22: US$350
                          Feb'2 : US$15,000.00
                          --------------------
                          Total Remittance: US$ 25,350.00
                          Attached is the Remittance T/T copy, check with your bank and do the needful.
                          Thanks & best regards,
                          Mohammed.
                          Accounting department
                          “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

• Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
                            Got this email today.... Should I open the attachment??

"do the needful"..
                            Sorry Brett, forgot to tell you that I have converted to Islam and my Muslim name is Mohammed.

Unfortunately, the tithing is quite substantial so I had to increase my usual amount of $5.

Allahu akbar!

Comment

• Cold AF!
                              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

• The misses and I got the first 2019 ride in a few days ago. A short nice ride up the coast to meet some friends. WTH happened to 2019........

Comment

Working...
                                X