This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mehush View Post
    Fantastic Mike. Now go get yourself a big box of Goodies Headache Powders, you're gonna need it.
    They gave me OC spray to use instead when I have a headache
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Yeah Jeff.

Should bump my retirement up about $500 a month.

That's the upside.

Downside is that I am now back to the 3p-11p shift with Wed/Thur off after waiting 20 years to get to the 7a-3p shift with weekends off.

After 4 months (probationary period) I can at least get back to weekends off on 3p-11p or middle of the week days off on 7a-3p.

I've got 5.5 years left and seriously doubt I'll see weekends off on the 7a-3p shift before I retire. The few Sergeants with seniority on me have about the same amount of time left so we'll all be retiring within a few months of each other.
      Well the bump is all its about at this point. Time to start looking for that new place and make it a vacation home

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS View Post

Well the bump is all its about at this point. Time to start looking for that new place and make it a vacation home
        The bump is nice for retirement but is also nice to have for the next 5.5 years. Give me a chance to possibly pay a bill off early and/or just add to my savings.

At this time not looking for a vacation home but actually relocating entirely.

Only major issue is as of now that Amanda has 10 years left before retirement.

Also, when I say 5.5 years I should be saying 1.5 Governors
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Where u looking to relocate

Comment

• Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post
            Where u looking to relocate
            As of now, somewhere in the northern Georgia area.

Someplace with some nice twisty roads but located close enough to some nice lakes.

Figure I could ride my bike to the lake and then get on the boat

It'd be nice to have a place for people to stay that wanted to come down and ride or ride and hang out at the lake.

It's still a ways away but for now it sounds good.
            Last edited by BIG O; 02-13-2019, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post

As of now, somewhere in the northern Georgia area.

Someplace with some nice twisty roads but located close enough to some nice lakes.

Figure I could ride my bike to the lake and then get on the boat

It'd be nice to have a place for people to stay that wanted to come down and ride or ride and hang out at the lake.

It's still a ways away but for now it sounds good.
              I started looking for my new place about 5 years before retirement. We used our 2west rallies and a few days after the rally to scout out locations. About two years out we narrowed it down to the state and several locations in the state. I found this place a year out and was very fortunate to buy it 8 months early. That sure made the move and the sale of my old house easier. I also found my last 5 years was the hardest to get through mentally.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                I also found my last 5 years was the hardest to get through mentally.
                That's bad news.

The first 15 of my 20 years were been bad enough.

Comment

Working...
                X