• Show
Clear All

• When did you go to deals gap

Comment

• 1800 pages Jmac....your baby is still here

Comment

• Refrigerator took a shit yesterday.

Guess what I'm getting for Christmas
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post
          Refrigerator took a shit yesterday. Guess what I'm getting for Christmas
          The optimist in me says you’re getting cold beer.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post

The optimist in me says you’re getting cold beer.
            AFTER I get a new fridge to chill it in
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Never something a guy wants to spend money on....

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post

AFTER I get a new fridge to chill it in
                Speaking of fridges and beer mine is in the antique fridge on the patio. Its been chilled for a week just in the 30 degree nights

Comment

• The price of appliances has skyrocketed. The new fridges are really pimp, but I really don't need a big screen to see what's inside.
                  KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

• At times it seems we have more technology than we really need or want. It’s generally all part of the package now and we have to pay for it whether we want it or not.

I don’t need a car that parks itself any more than a fish needs a bicycle.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• 31 years ago, just before we got married, we got our first washing machine. I believe it was one that my grandparents were replacing. Since then we've been through at least three, possibly 4 washing machines. All used, purchased for less than $100. Well, when the last one kicked the bucket last spring we decided to buy a brand spankin new one. What better way to celebrate 30 years.? So off to the non-big-box store to peruse we go. They had all kinds of fancy front load touch screen controlled German stuff along with several of the more traditional US brands. Kathy said many of her friends don't like their front loaders, so that narrowed the field. The salesman asked what our number one priority was. My response, "I never want to buy another one". His response, "There is only one brand for you, Speed Queen." Not fancy, mostly manual controls, heavy duty, 5 year warranty They sell more of those than the other brands and have far fewer service calls. $1000 but hopefully the last one I buy. I don't think my clothes are any cleaner though.....

Comment

• It's a crap shoot when buying new appliances nowadays. The fridge we just replaced was purchased in May of 2013. So it was only 5 yeas old. The fridge we replaced before that one was purchased in 2002 when we bought our house.It broke down also but had a warranty so they replaced the parts for free.So, in 16 years we are on our third refrigerator

I agree that there is just too much technology/options available on simple appliances. That being said, I bought about the simplest refrigerator I could buy. Old school, top door freezer in white. No ice machine, no water dispenser, no app for my phone that tells me what the temp is or if someone is raiding the fridge while breaking into my house

Comment

• Yep simple is the way to go. Like Scott we used hand me down OG washer and dryers. Two over 26 years and this house had a used set of Maytags when we moved in. Old school washer with agitator and basic dryer. Other than a bearing going out on the dryer I hope to get at least 10 years outta these. Fridge is more modern but we dont use the ice maker

Comment

• I've been repairing mine as stuff goes wrong lately. The oven and ice maker at least. Our dishwasher is fresh, and man does it work good. I do rinse off the filter on occasion.
                            KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

• We live in Southern Arizona. We USE our ice maker!
                              "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Working...
                              X