Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Reno, can't get a rental car, any suggestions for other places to try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Reno, can't get a rental car, any suggestions for other places to try?

I'm in Reno for the Air Races this weekend. The Bastards at Budget rented out way more cars than they had, so my reservation isn't any good.
    None of the other rental agencies have cars either (The sold off a lot of their cars when the prices on used cars peaked and now they all understocked).

Honestly considering buying a used car so I have something to use on my first vacation in over TWO YEARS, but not crazy about the idea of then having to abandon it cause I got no place to store it.

So, I know there's a few Reno locals around here. Any suggestions on a non corporate rental place that might have cars to rent? If not, where's a good place to buy an old used car and not spend a fortune? (and are there places that I can pay to store it at that won't bankrupt for when I come back here next time?)

-Banner (who wants to kill the people at a certain car rental agency who are making people STAND IN LINE at the airport for TWO HOURS only to be told 'oh, we don't have any cars left, sorry!)
    Mostly Stock '03
    Support a starving author!
    www.vanstry.net

Wow that sucks. I have had the rental car goons do that to me before. WTF is the point in making a reservation if they won't honor it?

Hate to say it but maybe just Uber yourself around?
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

May end up having to do that. Ain't gonna be cheap though...
      Mostly Stock '03
      www.vanstry.net

Comment

As was mentioned earlier, UBER.

Possibly work out a deal with the UBER driver you hire for his/her services for the entire weekend for a flat rate?

Sorry to hear that the rental place hosed you
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

If I lived in Reno, I'd loan you a car....

Just watch out for Johnny Cash while you're there... (Yes, I know Cash is gone)
          “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Try a car sharing app. Local people rent out their cars.

Like Turo

https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/united-states/reno-nv

Could try U-Haul too.

Last edited by piken; 09-16-2021, 08:40 AM.
            Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Ended up renting a Van from U-haul. It's about $100 less that the rental car places
              Mostly Stock '03
              www.vanstry.net

Comment

Originally posted by Banner View Post
                Ended up renting a Van from U-haul. It's about $100 less that the rental car places
                Excellent work around. 10 points for the solution.
                sigpic

Comment

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                  X