Sometimes life sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes life sucks.

My oldest brother passed away Tuesday morning. He turned sixty in August. After leaving the Air Force in his mid twenties he turned wrenches for awhile but then he started driving trucks. He did that for the rest of his life until he was diagnosed with stomach and liver cancer about two months ago. About two weeks ago he tested positive for Covid. He steadily got weaker and went into the hospital on Saturday. Monday night his breathing went to shit. Eventually he crashed and they did CPR for two hours before he passed.
    My big brother was loud and obnoxious, he didn’t have much of a filter between his brain and his mouth but he had a heart of gold. He wasn’t married and he didn’t have any kids but he sent money to my mom every month for as near as I can tell twenty years before anyone figured it out. He would give the shirt off his back to way too many people. He has helped to support my other three siblings at different times over the years and he never asked for anything in return.
    You never know how much you will miss someone until they are gone. He was told he could have a year or two when he was diagnosed and instead it was just a few weeks. Please guys, let your loved ones know how much they mean to you. I am fortunate that I have a number of surrogate brothers here and I love you all.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother; it seems like he was one of the good guys with a big heart and lost too soon.
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Sorry for your loss, especially under those circumstances.
      Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

That's a wonderful story to tell of your brother but a sad ending- my most sincere condolences on your loss, sir.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your brother Sammy

Hope you are doing well.
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

So very sorry to hear Sam. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. God speed and comfort. Thinking of y'alls brother.
            2002 ZZR1200, 2007 VTX1800C, 1992 Stealth Twin Turbo

Comment

My heart goes out to you and your family.

I hear your message loud and clear. Have made more of an effort to stay in touch with family over recent years. I have an older brother with a similar story. Thankfully, he is still with us, but I will be sure to let him know how much I love and respect him in the next few days. Thanks.

Comment

Sam, I am sorry to hear your story and will try to take your advice to heart. I have talked to both my surviving brothers in the past week but more is always better! When we lost my youngest brother at age 40, that was a shocker that left many regrets around the family.

G
                "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like he was a good man. I’ve lost so many close friends over the past few years I’m numb. I feel your pain. Treasure your memories, he will live on in your heart.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Thanks guys, we are having a “Memorial” for him tomorrow and in our good old Okie fashion it will be a gathering of people, food and drinks except for our Baptist family members (who never seem to recognize each other in the liquor store) to remember his life.
                    P.S. My brother always a enjoyed a good sarcastic remark.
                    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your brother Sam, my condolences.
                      sigpic

Stupid people can be dangerous in large groups

Comment

Sincere condolences Sam.
                        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear of this, Sam. Best wishes to you & your family ...

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

My sincerest condolences. 60 is far too young

Comment

I lost my brother a few years ago. My only sibling. A phone call from the police about 2am asking me to identify the body. We were not close. But, it still was a shock. I am sorry for your loss.
                              1999 Kawasaki ZX11D7 Ninja
                              1993 Kawasaki ZX11D1 "Adventure"
                              1985 Yamaha Venture Royale with Vmax cams
                              1992 Yamaha Venture Royale

Comment

Working...
                              X