Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the H E double toothpicks is he doing here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the H E double toothpicks is he doing here?

I finally did it. I killed my Facebook account. I couldn’t take it anymore. I guess the impetus was when I posted how I felt about the “Mask Ordinance” being voted on by our city council I had several of my friends on opposite sides of the issue ( not to mention opposite sides of the planet) get into verbal confrontations with each other. These folks don’t know each other from Adam. It is one thing to have a discussion but when they start calling each other names I’m done. So the last five or six days have been pretty mellow. I figured this shit is just gonna get worse between now and November 4th so I’m just gonna try to sit back, observe it all and try to be pro-active instead being re-active and if I get any relief from the heat maybe even get some riding in.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Only about 20% of my FB friends post there anymore, and no one under 40 uses it now. Hopefully it will die soon.

TikTok is where it's at now. :)
    Last edited by Moise; 07-23-2020, 03:28 AM.
    "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I'd be doing the same thing except it is inexplicably linked to my Spotify account and I'm not ready to give up the effort I've put in to creating my library and playlists......

Comment

It would have us convinced we are on the brink of a civil war.
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

I've never been fond of Commercialization of your personal information not to mention public exposure of information to help
          in the effort of identity thief all for convenience of posting a picture to your "friends" of what you had for lunch a good idea.

Can't believe how many people hand over all their personal information to FB and think nothing of it.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Never have had a Face Book account.

I knew if I waited long enough Face Book would eventually become unfashionable!

I FINALLY caved in last week and got an I Phone
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Funny shit right there. That thing must have turned green.
              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

I've already been asked to come on Antiques Road Show
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

This site is as close as I get to anything like Facebook. I think it has replaced real life for alot of people. Sad.
                  "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

No facebook here either.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

What is this facebook thing?

The only time I tried to use it was when the site was being shifted from one carrier to another and we were encouraged to use a chat room. Yeah, that didin't work too well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                        Only about 20% of my FB friends post there anymore, and no one under 40 uses it now. Hopefully it will die soon.

TikTok is where it's at now. :)
                        I do enjoy the “No Bra” tick toks

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                          Never have had a Face Book account.

I knew if I waited long enough Face Book would eventually become unfashionable!

I FINALLY caved in last week and got an I Phone

Comment

Originally posted by slayman View Post
                            I'd be doing the same thing except it is inexplicably linked to my Spotify account and I'm not ready to give up the effort I've put in to creating my library and playlists......
                            Yeah I would be screwed if it was linked to my Amazon unlimited account.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                              It would have us convinced we are on the brink of a civil war.
                              Shit brother, after watching some of those interviews of BLM members I’m still wondering.

Comment

Working...
                              X