Had to vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to vent

Between masks, distancing and stuff going on in my life, I didn't take the change of dates for the last Arkansas ride well. I'm going nuts out here and when you vote for then decide on a venue and date... Yeah, rain.
    I was pissed because I wanted to see my boyz first and formost, and rip some twisties.
    Being with my buddies is as important as riding. And keeping a commitment is mandatory to being my buddy.
    I'm all jacked up in the head right now i suppose. I'll get over it eventually, I just hope we're still all around to do it.
    We're not getting any younger you know...
    I'm going to plan a Southern Mo. ride soon. The date will be solid and so will the venue.
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Dude, everyone is stressed out. These are challenging times. I would not make harsh decisions/judgments about anybodies character right now. Only person losing out is going to be you. We, well me anyways, is a wreck right now too. I am craving some away time something awful, and the time I have set aside is now in jeopardy. I am prepared to go ride alone if that is how it is. We all are making concessions of some kind or another right now. Hang in there, you will get some spooning time with Troy, or Eyes, or ??? soon enough.

Comment

whats the plan?
      Yea that's me doing cabbage patch angles on the side of the road!!!! Just wave cuz I'm OK :)

Comment

Ya me in peace

Comment

I’ve been out and about riding for 10 days now. Some time with pals but mostly on my own. I’m good with riding solo. No schedules or itineraries to keep. Sometimes that’s a good thing.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
            I’ve been out and about riding for 10 days now. Some time with pals but mostly on my own. I’m good with riding solo. No schedules or itineraries to keep. Sometimes that’s a good thing.
            I've been riding solo now for well over 10 years. It's like fishing and never catching anything.
            Lots of thinking time I mean. I just leave the house, don't give a shit what time. Mostly on a Sunday
            morning before it gets hot. Like today. I'm coming back in, and pass dozens of bikes "going out"
            I just do my "therapy" ride, usually around 200-250 miles and head back to the house. My old ass
            is tired, seems like I had a good time. Tires are scuffed good (so it must have been fun) and then
            my day is complete so from here on out the rest of the day, I don't give 2 shits. The ride was fkn'
            epic, or at least I keep thinking this...........
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Thanks, Guys.
              Yeah, it's bad right now...
              Not sure on a ride plan yet. But don't worry, You don't get a vote anyway.
              KN, this ride's for You.

Comment

My son graduated HS this year. What a shitty senior year.
                School ended in May, but they had an actual graduation ceremony yesterday.... Inside the new Globe Life Field.
                The Rangers haven't even played a game in there yet.

We've been doing our best at social distancing, but, it's difficult (and dangerous to mental health) to keep an active teenager cooped up for too long. I've been on edge about him taking this seriously and we've had several frank discussions recently. I'm way frazzled.

So yesterday I find myself sitting in a ballpark with a few thousand people. They did their best to spread out the ticketing, but, I felt like I was sharing air with every one of them. Many of them wearing masks on their chins. And they kept the roof closed on a relatively cool, breezy, dry spring night.

No way I was going to miss graduation, but, I feel like I should self quarantine for a week..
                “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I was made to take vacation in July. Who the fu#k wants to do a ride trip in July? Not me. But I had to take the time so I planned a trip to meet my brothers in Virginia next week. Things were just too uncertain to try and put together any kind of rally. We are leaving the decision to go, or not go until 3 days prior to meet-up day. Brothers are coming from CT and they recently started a policy of self quarantine if you are entering the state from an area of high risk. VA could be declared high risk while we are there and the boys might have trouble returning to work once they get back. I am coming from FL, and this state is blowing up with Covid as we speak. VA might not let me in. It better not freakin' rain.

Comment

The bike is great, but the police are really looking for speeders around here lately. So it's tough to twist the throttle and vent.
                    KN, this ride's for You.

Comment

Working...
                    X