New 50 Year Old Cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 50 Year Old Cage

So I went out and bought this thing yesterday. Sold my '03 Vette, I needed something that needed me more...Elkie 1.jpg Elkie2.jpg Elkie3.jpg
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

G that's effing awesome holy shit

396? 454?

Comment

Prepare to be deflated... 300 HP 350 small block. Nicely dressed in SS clothing, eh? It is a numbers-matching 350 and Trans, has the the trailering package which includes a HD12 bolt rear end. I am going to drive it, so I got a loaded one- AC, power brakes, power steering, power windows. More horsepower will be coming, but not a big-block. Only one of us in this relationship can have a drinking problem, and that will be me.

G

Comment

Gorgeous. I'd much rather have than than a 'vette. One of the best looking front ends of any car, ever, I think.
        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
        (c) I never worry much about anything.
        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
        (e) I love my wife and children.
        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Sweet ride. I have 2 pals that own them. Nicely done.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Nice.

Originally posted by gregness View Post
            More horsepower will be coming, but not a big-block
            Build a stroker motor out of that 350. Best streetable motor. Not super expensive to build. Reliable enough for daily driving,
            can easily get 450-500hp, 18-20mpg on regular gas and can have a nice thumpy cam in it too.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

That is awesome. And it sort of matches the 14.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                Prepare to be deflated... 300 HP 350 small block. Nicely dressed in SS clothing, eh? It is a numbers-matching 350 and Trans, has the the trailering package which includes a HD12 bolt rear end. I am going to drive it, so I got a loaded one- AC, power brakes, power steering, power windows. More horsepower will be coming, but not a big-block. Only one of us in this relationship can have a drinking problem, and that will be me.

G
                haha, no deflation, congrats!!

Comment

Nice find, Greg!
                  My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                  http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                    Nice.

Build a stroker motor out of that 350. Best streetable motor. Not super expensive to build. Reliable enough for daily driving,
                    can easily get 450-500hp, 18-20mpg on regular gas and can have a nice thumpy cam in it too.

The current lower end seems really tight, so I am just thinking cam/heads/intake/headers to wake it up for now. 400 HP and 6,250 RPM seems like a reasonable goal and should not break the cast, 2 bolt main rotating assembly. And if it does, then a forged 383 arrangement can take over...

Comment

Station wagon chassis with the rear chopped off. I know what those are.
                      Put a camper shell on it!

Teasing. At least some fatty ass back tires, brah. LOL!
                      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                        Station wagon chassis with the rear chopped off. I know what those are.
                        Put a camper shell on it!

Teasing. At least some fatty ass back tires, brah. LOL!
                        As big as will fit underneath her skirts, my friend...

Comment

Yeah booooyyyeeee. Chirpin' brodies, or whatever Joe said.
                          KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

'70 is the body style on those A & G bodies, IMO

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

SAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Buddy that is pefect daily. You can haul crap in style and actually work on it without software or a degree from MIT

Comment

Working...
                              X