Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona

I have put myself in Time-Out for corrupting a thread with my Coro-Paranoia.
    This is my attempt to clean up my mess.

If you have anything you'd like to say about it... this is the place. I'll sit in my corner and be quiet, while I drag a few posts over here from the other thread.

Thank you for not shooting me.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Sorry to see folks get their holiday squashed, but honestly, it's a terrible idea to be in crowded places right now.
    Was watching Dr Fauci (NIH) on Hannity earlier today... he said...
    Flu death rate is about 0.1%. COVID-19 death rate is 2.5 to 3.0% with 10% of cases "serious" (whatever "serious" means).
    That's 25 to 30x more deadly than regular flu, from the guy at the top of the planning.

In the next 2 weeks it's gonna take off. We'll be Italy, because people are being so cavalier about it.
    I'm not prone to hysteria, but I'm fairly freaked out right now, watching people not take this seriously.

We have a our first case here in FTW. Patient went to their Dr a week ago, Dr said they had the regular flu. Turned up at the ER today and was diagnosed with COVID-19. Since you're likely infectious for 5 or so days before becoming symptomatic, the patient was spreading the virus around town thinking they "just had the flu" for the last 2 weeks.

Cases are getting ready to spike here. And will continue to get worse until we stop gathering and enabling it to spread. Like Italy. We've wasted our warning.

Sorry to be so gloomy. Take care of yourselves. Work from home if you can.

Worth watching....
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
      Sorry to see folks get their holiday squashed, but honestly, it's a terrible idea to be in crowded places right now.
      Was watching Dr Fauci (NIH) on Hannity earlier today... he said...
      Flu death rate is about 0.1%. COVID-19 death rate is 2.5 to 3.0% with 10% of cases "serious" (whatever "serious" means).
      That's 25 to 30x more deadly than regular flu, from the guy at the top of the planning.

In the next 2 weeks it's gonna take off. We'll be Italy, because people are being so cavalier about it.
      I'm not prone to hysteria, but I'm fairly freaked out right now, watching people not take this seriously.

We have a our first case here in FTW. Patient went to their Dr a week ago, Dr said they had the regular flu. Turned up at the ER today and was diagnosed with COVID-19. Since you're likely infectious for 5 or so days before becoming symptomatic, the patient was spreading the virus around town thinking they "just had the flu" for the last 2 weeks.

Cases are getting ready to spike here. And will continue to get worse until we stop gathering and enabling it to spread. Like Italy. We've wasted our warning.

Sorry to be so gloomy. Take care of yourselves. Work from home if you can.

Worth watching....
      While I agree we all have to be super-careful it is worth noting that the mortality rate as of today, in South Korea is .77%, not 2% or 3%. This is notable because they have one of the larger infected populations (7,755 persons) and the growth of new cases has slowed quite a bit, and I trust their math more than China's. This still sucks.

G
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

While I agree we all have to be super-careful it is worth noting that the mortality rate as of today, in South Korea is .77%, not 2% or 3%. This is notable because they have one of the larger infected populations (7,755 persons) and the growth of new cases has slowed quite a bit, and I trust their math more than China's. This still sucks.

G
        Yes, but...

The patterns in Korea reflect very significant actions they are taking - things the USA is far, far from doing: massive testing and universal tracking of everyone. Right now, they are testing more people in a day than the USA has tested in total. And the tracking app that everyone uses enables efficient contact tracing for every case. I wish we were doing these things now... Or last week.

How To Cheat on Personality Tests
        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
        (c) I never worry much about anything.
        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
        (e) I love my wife and children.
        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post

G
          SK is testing EVERYONE. Their healthcare system is not overrun, so they can attend to the very sick. When you got tested, what was the result?
          Lack of testing will be the second biggest failure in our response to this pandemic. The biggest failure will be not taking it seriously and continuing to gather and transmit the virus.

Now look at Italy... they acted like we are doing. "The death rate is low enough, we can handle it".... Now... 4 weeks later.... Their hospitals are overrun. Doctors are having to choose who to treat and who to let die when they walk in the door, because there are not enough ventilators for all the patients in need. Unless we stop transmitting the virus, this will be us in a few weeks.

Flatten the curve.... we need to do this yesterday.

Comment

BTW

I wouldn't have an issue with the thread jack but there are still going to be some updates as the refund process continues.

Hope everyone understands

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Ewe guys are great

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
              ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Great my ass! I came looking for some action!
                KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Shit, I thought it was a beer thread.
                  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                  but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Looks to me like Ram66 has become a janitor on Steroids.
                    Sure hope he cleaned up the ZZR virus completely.
                    Sin's a good mans brother.

Comment

Corona ain't beer!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Just announced today for Illinois:

All dine in restaurants will be closed until March 30th.

Earlier it was announced all schools will be closed.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Covid19 Observations:

1. This really sucks. All of my normal entertainment options have been axed, there is snow on my road and it's 20 degrees out, so I can't go riding. Shit.

2. This is the only respritory system virus that I have ever heard of that seems pretty much harmless to children and young people.

3. Theory: Covid19 was invented by a bunch of millenial punks so they could inherit the boomer's wealth and stop paying for social security and medicare for a gazillion old fogies.

G
                          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I will say this.

Considering the issues this virus (whether it be serious or not) has caused around the world, I'd say it has definitely opened our eyes to what could happen.
                            Last edited by BIG O; 03-16-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

The wife and I just did a cruise up and down the Norwegian coast. They "closed" the country just after we left.
                              We're now spending a few days in Holland. Last night they closed all schools, bars and restaurants!
                              We're flying home on Wednesday (hopefully) via Dubai, where we will get thermally checked.
                              When we get home, we have to do "self-isolation" for 2 weeks, or get a huge fine.
                              I hope there's plenty of beer in the fridge (not that Corona shit).

I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X