Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you're getting insurance on your H2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're getting insurance on your H2...

...make sure they identify the engine displacement as 998cc, and they get the correct model of H2. It can make a difference of hundreds of dollars. Also, insurers seem to be confusing Kawasaki bikes (as usual) because of their STUPIDFUCKING Ninja branding. Honest to god, if I could find the non-rider SHITHEAD in Kawi marketing who keeps this garbage branding alive...

If you have an H2 SX, make the following clear:

1. It came with hard bags attached, and is therefore not a sportbike
    2. It is an H2 SX, not an H2 or an H2R or a ZX10R or a dangerous wee man in dark pajamas
    3. The engine is not 1000cc, it is 998cc
    4. Repeat the first three points very slowly until your rate drops from $1400CAD per year to $500CAD per year
    5. Pour yourself an expensive bourbon and stop thinking about that prick in Kawasaki marketing who has been ruining lives for decades
    Last edited by YYCZED; 12-02-2019, 03:52 PM.

Yes, I've had to shop several times...
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
      I had a weird one: my insurance was ticking along fine until I cancelled the policy for my sold zed. Then some bright spark at that company decided to reclassify my new bike, and I started shopping for a new provider.

Comment

The 2020 not-a-Ninja 1000 is quite appealing.....Except for this very reason. Kawi probably loses quite a few sales to other brands which don't label their ST bikes with the same name as their sport bikes. What's wrong with ZZR or GPZ?

Comment

Originally posted by slayman View Post
          The 2020 not-a-Ninja 1000 is quite appealing.....Except for this very reason. Kawi probably loses quite a few sales to other brands which don't label their ST bikes with the same name as their sport bikes. What's wrong with ZZR or GPZ?
          Yep, I checked out the Ninja 1000 as well, and this year it has the same 6-axis IMU and cruise control as the H2 SX SE, so it's really nice. But it's uninsurable in North America, while in other markets it's just a Kawasaki Z1000SX

Comment

Holly crap 500 CAD = 375US that's amazing price for full coverage and you can probably go into storage rate (drop collision) for
            winter and save even more.

I quoted a H2 SX a few months back and was around $3,000 for the year, Which I won't do..They go by VIN number
            nothing else matters what you tell them.

The H2 guys here are also paying around 3k a year, or as they like to say $250 a month.

I could handle $375 a year. Can't even get the '12 zx14 covered for $375 a year with collision.

or.... maybe it's adjusted for average riding time per year. Little higher here because 365 days riding weather, but still.

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Now that I am old (62) and considered harmless by the industry, I get full coverage on my NINJA ZX14R for under $600 per year. Gareth has a smoking deal there by comparison! Good thing the insurance wonks have not seen how we actually ride...

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I pay 500 per year 2014 14r. But I ride slow. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                  He meant for insurance not bikes
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I currently have Amanda's 2009 FZ6R ( liability only), my 2017 RSV 4 ( full coverage), and now my 2013 ZX 14 R (liability only) and I pay $636 yearly.

When I dropped my 2012 K 1300 S HP and added the ZX 14 it went up $8 a month

I have Progressive BTW.
                    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I was amazed when I came back to Scotland and insured the 14R This year's premium £136 fully comp and that was with recovery and legal cover too! Approx $170.
                      Apparently being old and wizened pays off over here. Of course bike is 6yrs old now but no slower! Easily a third of what I just paid to renew for the car! Go figure???
                      Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
                      A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Rates here in Alberta are about to leap, but overall it is still pretty cheap. If I moved to any other province, I'd have to sell the H2 because it's basically uninsurable in the rest of the country. $3,000 per year is a piss-take

Comment

On the 14 I'm with progressive....

No Collision.

No deductible (disappearing deductible)

Roadside, Accessory, Comp and Liability (250k/500k/100k) for $229 a year.

Progressive is also the one that quoted 3k for the H2 SX (with collision)
                          Last edited by piken; 12-03-2019, 10:50 AM.
                          Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

When I first got my 2016 H2 new.. the best I could find was about $2400 year.. but then I went back to Pacific Specialty Insurance and its about 1200 year now. For both my bikes the K1300s and the H2 together are $1600..... shop around... who new insurance companies would not like the idea of a 200HP stock bike.. good thing they dont know I am over 300RWHP now.. :)

Comment

Also, I got a "multi bike" discount.

That could have been what happened when you added the K 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X