Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is something wrong with your computer ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is something wrong with your computer ...

I'm getting fed up with unsolicited calls from arseholes with overseas accents, claiming to be from Microsoft, HP, Apple and so on, telling me there is something wrong with my computer. The morons think we're all gullible.
    Usually I tell them politely that I don't have a computer, or simply hang up. Lately though I have been telling them to fark off. They keep trying ...........
    I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

My phone averages at least 2 a day. It has gotten
      out of control. I get a kick out of some but most
      I just politely tell to f..k off. They tell you that your
      SS# has been compromised and requires attn.
      My favorite is the one where they’re coming to
      throw you in jail if you don’t reply now. I especially
      tell those to come on, then tell them to f..k off.
      Last edited by CHARLIE; 08-05-2019, 02:09 PM.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I had a bogus call stating that they were with the IRS and that I owed back taxes.

I was traveling for work and was bored so kept them on the line for over an hour!!

I actually got passed to three different people and had them call me back twice.

Finally, the third guy I talked to got pissed and actually said that he thought I was BOGUS and lying to HIM!!!!

He hung up and I haven't had any more calls from the IRS

It was great to waste their time.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

i often answer the phone: FBI, special agent Smith. They hang up pretty quickly when they hear that. Unfortunately most spam calls are robots now.
          Mostly Stock '03
          Support a starving author!
          www.vanstry.net

Comment

A guy I worked with just poured himself and adult beverage one afternoon. Phone rings, and he see's it is an unknown number. Ignores. On his second glass, he gets some more calls, but decides to answer figuring it might be someone for work since there is persistence. Sure enough, it was "Microsoft" telling him his computer had sent them error coding and needed it fixed, so they were nice enough to call. He says this is perfect timing and sits down to follow instructions. Through the entire conversation, he derails the instructions, but continued playing nice. After 30 minutes, and a ton of "No, I don't see that on my screen" responses to the caller, he asks if any of this problems could be because someone took a bite out of the logo on his computer......a short moment of silence and a confirmation it was an apple product and the line went dead......I know it is a long shot, and time consuming, could work for your benefit....

Comment

When my phone rings with a number I don't recognize, especially if the number resembles a local number, I simply pick it up and remain silent. Most autodialers wait for someone to say hello or make a sound. Usually, after about 15 seconds, I hear a click.

If you answer the call and say anything, that gets recorded in their database as a live number and it gets more spam, and usually shared.

Also.... most carriers provide anti-spam tools that work reasonably well. We also added "nomorobo" to our house phone. That catches everything except a handful of calls per week.
              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
                When my phone rings with a number I don't recognize, especially if the number resembles a local number, I simply pick it up and remain silent. Most autodialers wait for someone to say hello or make a sound. Usually, after about 15 seconds, I hear a click.
                Ramblin will respond to heavy breathing though

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                X