knee surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knee surgery

ZZR nation, I had knee arthroscopy on April 3rd. I had a torn meniscus, and there was a piece of a bone floating around in there also. I had it drained yesterday. He took out 76cc of blood and fluid. It has been a rough 2 weeks. I start PT on Monday the 22nd. Will do 2-3 days a week for 4 weeks. I am still on crutches. Can't put any weight on it, and the range of motion is pretty bad. I sure hope the PT helps. johnnyvee
    I AM 64 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Well, hopefully you will feel major improvement in the long run. Good luck with the Physical Terrorists!
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Good luck
      "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

JV. Keep a pushing my friend. Peace

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys. If I get through the PT and I can get back my range of motion back, and back to a normal life, if there is such a thing, then I will attempt riding out west. I've been watching the west thread, but I'm not interested in going into Canada. So, I'll see in another 4-5 weeks how I am. Right now I'm still on frickin' crutches. They suck.
          I AM 64 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the knee surgery Johnny.

I know physical therapy sucks as I had shoulder surgery and therapy a couple of years ago.

Good news is that I was able to get over 95% mobility and strength back.

It seems like it will never get better but it does.

Just keep pushing forward.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Pay attention to what the PT says. Do the work, especially the at home work. Cheating on it is only cheating yourself and your recovery.

Speaking from first hand experience on all of that. Don't be the old me, be the new me.

Best wishes for a fast and full recovery.
              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I hope you have indeed made a change for the better. Get well soon, JV

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Surgeon don't care. Got his money. PT is where it's at. As stated, do the work, enjoy the pain, get back as much as you can.

Comment

10 years past, back surgery for me. PT PT PT, that's the trick I found out. Lot's of walking (when you can) and
                    riding a bike (the pedaling type) worked for me. I was 49 then, I'd hate to go through it again, but it worked.
                    Knees, can't help with that one, lucky to have 2 good strong one's myself. Good luck with the recovery.
                    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I’ve had 3 similar knee surgeries over the years. Two on were on my left knee, they were both arthroscopic, the other was on my right, it was many years ago and it was a much more invasive surgery.

I am 65 and I can still do everything I want with no issues except run, I find my kness don’t like the pounding running places on them anymore. I’ve walked 1000 mile thru hikes, climbed mountains, ski aggressively and generally lead a very active and very physical lifestyle with minimal pain or discomfort.

I have found the quicker you can get moving after surgery the quicker you recover. Listen to your physio therapist. Work on range of motion, cycling or riding a stationary bike is good for that. I found working on range of motion in a warm water pool helped a lot too. Get walking and bearing weight as soon as possible. Start gently doing all 3 as soon as you can. Walking, riding and warm water therapy are your friends, they were the key to my recoveries after each surgery. The longer you are off that leg the longer the recovery process takes.
                      helps too. Tylenol for pain and ibuprofen for inflammation can be your friends. My motto is better living through pharmaceuticals.

Work hard at it and you will be amazed how quick it can come back. Get better soon!!
                      Last edited by NotDeadYet; Yesterday, 11:52 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Working...
                      X