The last year and a half have been insane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last year and a half have been insane

As many of you may remember, a few years ago I went full-time as an author. It started out okay, I was making a bit less than I was used to as a consultant, but expenses were down because I worked from home. As an author I was actually doing very well by the industry standards. I was making a name and getting known by the names in the community.

Then a year and a half ago I went from doing well to pretty much up in the top of the industry.

And it's been insane. The level of work to get here and (hopefully) stay here has been daunting, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've been working 80 hour weeks since September of 17. And, to make things even crazier, in the middle of 2018 I moved halfway across the country while doing all of that. I've made some great friends in the process, and met some very interesting people. I've discovered just how many people read my works, and what they've meant to them.

I've also had to deal with a lot of the less savory things that sadly this industry is famous for that I'd rather not go into here, so I'll just sum it up by saying I now have three very expensive lawyers.

I'm hoping that come the end of this year I'll be able to back off on my schedule a little (I publish almost a book a month, I put out ten last year - all best sellers). I do love what I do now, but it's just been completely unreal. I think it's funny that it's my pen name that's getting all the attention, but then again, that little bit of anonymity is probably helping my sanity.

But all of this is mostly to explain why I've rarely been here of late, and put maybe 100 miles on the Zed last year. Other than moving, I haven't gone -anywhere-.

Mostly Stock '03
    Support a starving author!
    www.vanstry.net

Kick ass, Banner!
    KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Congrats. Peace

Comment

Awesome Banner! Congrats and good luck with a return to sanity.
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

It sounds like all of your hard work is paying off. Congrats on that. Hopefully with success and settling in to your new home and new life, you will find balance in your professional and personal worlds once again. Wishing you all the best. Thanks for the update. Don’t be a stranger.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

and we can say.................."we knew him when"

Glad all of the hard work is paying off finally.
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Congrats! Funny how success always attracts them lawyers....
              Where did you relocate too?

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Congrats Banner! What is your pen name and title of your lastest book?
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Hey Banner! Glad to hear you are enjoying so much success! Congratulations!
                  Current Bikes - ZZR1200, KLR650, DR350S, CR125R
                  Past Bikes - GS1000L, KZ900, CB550F, RM125, Tote Gote

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                    Congrats! Funny how success always attracts them lawyers....
                    Where did you relocate too?

G
                    Texas, just south of Sherman, about an hour north of Dallas

Oh, and I'm about to embark on a major lawsuit. I suspect it's going to bring me a lot of grief, but don't have much of a choice.
                    Last edited by Banner; 03-26-2019, 09:23 PM.
                    Mostly Stock '03
                    www.vanstry.net

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                      Congrats Banner! What is your pen name and title of your lastest book?
                      The pen name is Jan Stryvant. I'm about to release #14 in the Valens Legacy series. The first book in that series is 'Black Friday'.

I'm exclusive to Amazon, so that's the only place to legally get my stuff.
                      Mostly Stock '03
                      www.vanstry.net

Comment

Congrats Banner. I'll make sure to pick up one of your book. I hope after a while things will slow down a bit for you.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice its available on Kindle, ill read in the plane when ill go to France

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Banner View Post

Texas, just south of Sherman, about an hour north of Dallas

Oh, and I'm about to embark on a major lawsuit. I suspect it's going to bring me a lot of grief, but don't have much of a choice.
                            You getting any riding in? i'm in Denton, JimJ and i have been getting out on Sundays..
                            Yea that's me doing cabbage patch angles on the side of the road!!!! Just wave cuz I'm OK :)

Comment

I've ridden the bike like once so far this year. I really haven't been getting any riding in. Really need to change that.
                              Mostly Stock '03
                              www.vanstry.net

Comment

Working...
                              X