No announcement yet.

Moto GP and WSBK viewing options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MotoGP pass is a lot of bang for the buck: multiple race views and access to all previus years of racing I especially like the on the bike views without commentary, just the sounds of the bikes
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Wow thats spendy Mike. My Dish with everything I want, 300 channels, all movie chnls and a good sport package thats free is a bit over 100$.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
        Wow thats spendy Mike. My Dish with everything I want, 300 channels, all movie chnls and a good sport package thats free is a bit over 100$.
        Wish I could get it that cheap in my area.

DISH Top 250 channels- $89.99 month

Showtime Package- $20 month

Hardware for three televisions- $20 month

So, that's $130 a month BEFORE any extra fees and taxes.

I'm guessing around $150 when all is said and done.

That is also with a 2 year agreement and YOU KNOW they'll raise the prices after that agreement is up.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Wish I could get it that cheap in my area.

DISH Top 250 channels- $89.99 month

Showtime Package- $20 month

Hardware for three televisions- $20 month

So, that's $130 a month BEFORE any extra fees and taxes.

I'm guessing around $150 when all is said and done.

That is also with a 2 year agreement and YOU KNOW they'll raise the prices after that agreement is up.
          So all of that encompasses your tv viewing. Do you still have to pay for an internet provider on top of that or is it included in the $150 / month you’re paying? I’ve looked at cutting the cable numerous times but by the time I pay for a quality high speed Internet access provider plus whatever tv / content I want I don’t seem to be saving much. My prices in Canada are certainly different than yours in the USA but the challenges of cutting the cord to save a few bucks is the same, it becomes challenging when you have to add an internet provider to your tv packages. It seems you have to pay them one way or another.

I can have free limited hd tv with an hd antennae but in my city that gets me 4 basic “Canadian” network channels. Then I start adding on sports, Netflix and pay per view on Apple TV or YouTube, US network coverage plus the costs of an internet provider and my savings aren’t what I would hope. I lived in the country for a few years and used satellite tv but getting any decent internet coverage out there was a joke.

Since moving back into the city I’ve just stayed with one of the main Canadian cable / internet providers. I’ve been with them forever, It’s one bill and one call if I have any problems. And they host my main email address. Of course I have gmail and other email addresses but then I have to change all of that too.

It seems I’m a slave to technology - and to my wife. There’s no way I’m cutting off her cooking shows and whatever cities they are doing CSI in these days. Happy wife = happy life.

As Bruce Springsteen says “there’s 57 channels and nothing on.”
          Last edited by NotDeadYet; 01-06-2019, 10:53 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Damn - double post.
            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 01-06-2019, 10:44 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

My internet is separate from my Satellite TV.

I have a hard line provided through a coax cable provided by Mediacom. It's $61 a month.

I'm going to give my current provider DirecTV a call tomorrow and verify that I can get out of my contract. Then I'm going to compare what's available in the different packages and see if I can downgrade the package or possibly even switch to DISH network. Just depends what channels are available for which package.

Then I'm getting the Moto GP pass in March
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Then I'm getting the Moto GP pass in March
                Watch out for the MotoGP pass autorenewal. They only give you about 24 hours to opt out, although I doubt you'll want to!

I use PayPal for subscriptions, then I can easily cancel it in my PayPal account instead of having to deal with a company who really doesn't want you to cancel.

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post

Watch out for the MotoGP pass autorenewal. They only give you about 24 hours to opt out, although I doubt you'll want to!

I use PayPal for subscriptions, then I can easily cancel it in my PayPal account instead of having to deal with a company who really doesn't want you to cancel.
                  Thanks for the heads up.

I'll most likely go with the auto renewal during the season then cancel when the season is over.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll most likely go with the auto renewal during the season then cancel when the season is over.
                    If you take out s season pass, then they autorenew for the next season on the Monday after Valencia.
                    "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Bein is a bag of piss in Canada, so I used a direct subscription to Motogp in 2018. The quality was incredible, but it definitely was a bit pricey. I'm still weighing up if it's worth the cost, but I think it's worth it if you leverage the cool features like Sped mentioned (no commentary, old races on demand, incredible slow-mo captures, etc)

Comment

I am going to pop for the MotoGP Season Pass, though it sucks that with all of the useless crap on TV these days they can't find a way to broadcast the most entertaining motorsport on the planet!

G
                        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

BEIN on Sling Orange is $35/mo and I get Motogp, SBK and moto America plus every ESPN channel I also bought the video pass. Use Amazon fire stick for Sling app or can chrome cast it from the phone
                          2002 Kawasaki ZZR1200, 2007 DRZ400SM Suzuki, 2004 Suzuki SV65
                          Responsible for wrenching on all those plus my daughters' 2007 ZZR 600
                          US Review http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ro...kes/index.html
                          EU Review http://www.motorbikestoday.com/revie...es/ZZR1200.htm

Comment

MotoGP here in Oz is shown live on one of our TV channels, with 2 ad breaks thrown in.
                            Superbikes isn't.
                            I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X