• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto GP and WSBK viewing options

So, how is everybody viewing the races?

Video Pass?

BeIn sports?

Any recommendations or suggestions or comparison of the options?

Tired of not watching any racing. Just seeing what everybody else was usiing.

Thanks
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

I rely on bein.

Comment

I use bein sports and also the Motogp video-pass. I know it's expensive to some but about the cost of going to the movie theater 1 time
      a month. I don't go to movies hardly at all, not even twice a year. I do like watching the Moto GP when ever I want with all of the extra stuff on video pass.
      You can also watch stuff from past years as well. The tech segments are pretty badass too.
      Last edited by CHARLIE; 12-29-2018, 07:20 PM.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Comment

you can watch some cool stuff for free on youtube,com nbk

Comment

O.K.

So, I'm looking into getting the Moto GP video pass.

I have a smart TV and it is connected to my home WiFi network.

How do I get the video pass race to connect to my TV? Is there some kind of pop up or menu on my TV for it?

Can i watch the race later in the day or is it only live?

Do I access the video pass features through my PC or somehow manipulate it using my TV remote?

I have looked at the Moto GP site and they don't have any information on the above questions.

All I get are the subscription options.

Thanks

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I get my video pass on all of my devices. On your Iphone with the app.It's an internet pass basically. Just like logging on to the ZZR site.I have to use a firestick on my TV at home cause it's not wifi but not an issue.Just log onto whatever browser you are using go to your video pass and there you go. You can watch live or any time you want to as many times as you want to.
            On my browsers, I just do the save password so I don't have to enter it in every time. Just watch as much and whenever til your skooter loving mind blows.
            I did the month to month scrip this time to see if I liked it (which I do) but next year I'll prolly do the whole year scrip.
            Also, you can watch races from years past (don't remember how far back, but it's plenty) over and over. And you get the stuff the public won't see.
            The tech videos, interviews, super slo--mo. And no commercials!!
            Last edited by CHARLIE; 12-30-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I don't have a smartphone so that option is out the window. That is why I was wondering if I could get it directly through my LG smart TV which is WiFi and connected to my router.

Does it have to go through your PC first? Unfortunately, my PC caught a virus last year and the shop that fixed it only put Windows 7 on it. Think that will be a problem?

I guess worst case scenario I could get some kind of cable ( know clue as to what cable to get?) and plug it into my router and then run it through my house to the back of my TV (LOL)

However, if Windows 7 wont work at all on the video pass then I guess I'm completely screwed?

I'm not tech savy at all (I'm sure you can tell LOL) and I appreciate any and all the help I can get.

Trying to get info about these issues on the Moto GP site is impossible and can't find any relevant answers when i just google the questions.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I log on with a friggin Windows Vista computer (no , I ain't getting a new one til this one quits),so that 7 ain't gonna be an issue. As far as your TV, not sure but if it has a browser on it and is connected to the internet, just go to the browser, then MotoGP.com., log on and you're good. Like I said, my TV has an Amazon Firestick hooked up to it and I go through
                the Silk browser to access the internet. Amazon Firestick about 40 bucks. You would need the instructions for your TV on how to access the web if it can do that, mine doesn't. My TV was the year model before direct connection to internet.
                Last edited by CHARLIE; 12-30-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Woo Hooooo!

Looks like I got it working!

Nothing extra needed.

No issues whatsoever that I can tell.

Although I haven't actually bought a subscription yet, the free preview loads and displays fine though.

So, with the video pass I can come back and watch a race hours later?

I don't need any kind of DVR or something similar to store it?

Looks like the first race is March 10th ? Just practice sessions until then.

Last edited by BIG O; 12-30-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

No need for recording it. You can watch anything on it at any time. Just click on the "no spoiler" tab or you'll see who won.
                    When watching it live, it comes on quite a while before the race. You can see what goes on long before race starts.
                    Last edited by CHARLIE; 12-30-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                      No need for recording it. You can watch anything on it at any time. Just click on the "no spoiler" tab or you'll see who won.
                      10-4

Thanks for all of the help.

Really appreciate it

Comment

MotoGP subscription
                        World SBK subscription
                        Be in youtube channel for Moto America

I have no television cable or satellite services so these subscriptions replace those costs. Google chrome cast from my phone or iPad or just on my iPad or laptop.

Works like a charm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        '05 ZZR 1200
                        '05 ZG 1000

Comment

Originally posted by vannooch View Post
                          MotoGP subscription
                          World SBK subscription
                          Be in youtube channel for Moto America

I have no television cable or satellite services so these subscriptions replace those costs. Google chrome cast from my phone or iPad or just on my iPad or laptop.

Works like a charm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          I wish I didn't have satellite TV.

Or, I wish I didn't have to pay $150 a month for 200+ channels when I only watch 10 of them!

Someone needs to come up with an "a la carte" channel system.

Moto GP pass is $22 a month and WSBK is $19 a month. Pretty cheap in my book.

If only I could force myself to get rid of satellite TV

Comment

I'm running the Spectrum stuff right now, was on DirectTV. My internet runs around 200Mbps which is pretty badass.
                            The cable bill is a pain in the arse but hell I gotta have some entertainment. My family has a few channels they watch
                            that I don't so right now the cable for us is the way to go. Those sat. dish folks make you sign a contract and my
                            cable folks do not. So, if I want to change, I can.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                              I'm running the Spectrum stuff right now, was on DirectTV. My internet runs around 200Mbps which is pretty badass.
                              The cable bill is a pain in the arse but hell I gotta have some entertainment. My family has a few channels they watch
                              that I don't so right now the cable for us is the way to go. Those sat. dish folks make you sign a contract and my
                              cable folks do not. So, if I want to change, I can.
                              I've been with DirecTV for several years now. I'm pretty sure I don't have a cancellation fee. I had thought about going back to DISH since they carry BeIn sports again. Only issue with that is you have to have the "every channel known to man" package to get BeIn sports. As a new (again) subscriber, it'd be $89 a month plus a bit for the hardware and taxes. I'm guessing around $120 a month when all is said and done. Then who knows what it will jump to when the new subscriber discount is over.

If I keep what I have and add the video pass I'll be right at $170 a month for it all. Hell, that used to be a new car payment!!!

Television is like death and taxes. You just can't beat it.

Comment

Working...
                              X