Bought Another Corvette Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Another Corvette Today

Got myself a used 2003 in the dark red- 50th Anniversary edition, 6 speed, cream colored interior. 3,865 miles. (That is not a typo!)

I have been looking at low mile C-5's for the last year or so, and after we sold my older son our Mazda 6, I figured what the hell. I bought a new C5 back in 2001 and always liked that car. I paid less for this one that I sold that one for ten years ago with 50,000 miles on it...

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Congrats! Post some pics! Just glad you did not have to sell your older son to afford it
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Sweet! Those are great cars, and the low mileage is unbelievable! Deffo want pics.
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

KN, this ride's for You.

Comment

Merry Christmas to you. Santa came early. Congrats.

Comment

Car is being shipped here from Iowa. I will take and send photo's when it gets here!
            Santa Claus is my wife- not that she gave me the car, but she gave me the freedom to buy it without having to sleep on the couch!

G

Comment

Love it Dude. What a score. That car probably still smells new. I've been thinking for a few years now that I would like to sell of my 99 SS Camaro convertible and step to a newer C5 or C6 Corvette convertible. I looked a nice one last year but I couldn't quite talk myself into pulling the trigger.

I did just buy a mint Audi S8 though. I had one for almost 7 years and it was written off by a texting teenager about 18 months ago. I've been looking for a replacement ever since. I just found one owned by the owner of an Audi dealership and jumped on it. It's a sweet German gentleman's hot rod sedan.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
                It's a sweet German gentleman's hot rod sedan.
                I didn't know you were German?

But you are sweeeeet!
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                  Got myself a used 2003 in the dark red- 50th Anniversary edition, 6 speed, cream colored interior. 3,865 miles. (That is not a typo!)

I have been looking at low mile C-5's for the last year or so, and after we sold my older son our Mazda 6, I figured what the hell. I bought a new C5 back in 2001 and always liked that car. I paid less for this one that I sold that one for ten years ago with 50,000 miles on it...

G
                  That's great Greg!

Only 3,865 miles!!!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

DSC01502.JPG

Comment

Right on Gregness!!! A stable mate for your 30th Anniversary

Comment

Looks sweet, Mike.
                        KN, this ride's for You.

Comment

My new toy arrived today... at 4:45 PM after being told it would be here at 10 AM. It was absolutely filthy, so I washed in the 36 degree dark before pulling it into the shop. We took it for a brief spin and it does indeed look, feel and sound like a new C5. Only changes I plan are- installing a sound deadner kit, which can knock 10-11 db off the interior noise level (the only complaint I had about my 2001) and maybe get the polished wheels- these unpolished ones just look drab.

The paint and interior are flawless.

G

Comment

Looks good greg.

Yeah, you never know about shipping company timelines. Atleast it apparently arrived undamaged?

As for wheels,maybe source a set of the OEM polished or chromed wheels? Then you can have a set for winter and a set for summer.

Then again, maybe you don't plan to drive it much during inclement weather months?

Post up some more pics when you get a chance.

Anyway, Congrats!!!

Comment

Also, don't know if the front end is chipped up or not?

You might consider getting some clear paint protection film applied to it. I put it on my Vette and my new truck. Nothing worse than rock chipps peppering the front end. That dark color will show them quite well.

I went with the X-Pel product. Cost me around $600 including install.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X