Retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement

At the age of 63, I have decided to retire. I've had enough. I want to spend more time with my family and grand kids. They are 19 and 15. As some of you know, I have a 1978 Z/28 Camaro and a 1974 Kawasaki S3 400 triple.Both, that I bought new. The Z has 9,300 miles on it, and it's time to run it more. I still have the ZZR, which I still ride, but not as much as I once did. Maybe there will be a rally in the future that I can attend and see some of the members. It's time to start the distribution (invested money) part of my life. I am on vacation this week, and that will be it. I have no plans right now for a part time job this year, maybe in 2019. Everyone that I talk to asks about insurance. I really don't care how much I pay for insurance. I will get Cobra for right now, but in 2019, I will check the market place again to see if anything is different. johnnyvee
    I AM 62 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 46 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Congratulations! Enjoy!
    "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Congrats and hope you get more riding time and family time in on your schedule!
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Congratulations !

Only 6 more years for me!!
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Congratulations, Johnny

I guess you'll have more time to spend on here, eh?? ;)

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Congrats Johnny. Have fun. Don't look back. One thing you will find is you don't have as much time to get things done as when you were working...I don't know why but you will see. Also, every year time speeds up. Saturday morning breakfast with my riding buddies seems like it happens every three days now. So hug the ones you love, mend a fence with an old adversary, see some old friends that you miss, and smile a lot. You earned it. Friday

Comment

Congrats and I have no advice. I'm envious.

Comment

Congrats from me as well. I'll be retiring when I'm..........oh......about, never, or when I'm 80.
                "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Comment

Congrats on the retirement !!!

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, and the encouragement from a great forum...........johnnyvee
                    I AM 62 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE BEEN RIDING KAWASAKI MOTORCYCLES FOR THE PAST 46 YEARS. I HAVE HAD FOUR 750 TRIPLES, TWO 350 TRIPLES, A 750 TURBO AND A '95 GPZ1100. I CURRENTLY HAVE A '74 400CC TRIPLE and a 2002 ZZR1200. HAVE CROSSED 49 STATES VIA MOTORCYCLE.

Comment

Aw, screw insurance. What do you expect to die of, old age? I figure things the same- take the S.S. early, it all calculates to break even around age 83... My making it past that would defy all logic.
                      Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

Congrats! And best wishes for many happy years of relaxation!
                        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
                        X