Space X Falcon Heavy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space X Falcon Heavy

Drove down to the Cape yesterday to watch the launch today. Nervously awaited the launch after a couple of delays for high winds aloft. THEN IT LAUNCHED! Effin amazing Space X pulled this off on the first try. Watch the videos and be amazed. I love this stuff.

Love it. Wish I coulda been there.

Comment

Awesome!

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Ironically, what impressed me the most was the perfect 3 point landing of those side pods, simultaneously.
        Young men know the rules, OLD men know the exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by eteach01 View Post
          Ironically, what impressed me the most was the perfect 3 point landing of those side pods, simultaneously.
          Yeah landing the rockets was really crazy to witness. You could see the the rockets coming down, thier attitude already corrected, and the engines firing to slow them down. They came down side by side and made twin sonic booms about 2 seconds apart. Boom..........Boom.........then coming on down and landing, Amazing for sure.

Comment

The company I work for fabricated parts that were on it.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

I work about 80 miles due south of the Cape. Always love when the rockets take off. We can't see a lot but we can see the flare from the rockets and watch it go across the sky. It was great to see the Falcon fly and America's renewed interest in space travel.

Back when the shuttle was flying & landing at the Cape, it would often re-enter the atmosphere by traveling up the east coast of FL, causing multiple sonic booms as it dropped. The first time it did that it shook my house. I was sound asleep, the BOOM happened, woke me up and scared me half to death!

Pretty awesome stuff. If you've never been to the Cape, it is an awesome way to spend the day and learn about America's history of space travel.
              Lee

Comment

The Starman slays me.
                KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                  The Starman slays me.
                  I'm not a big fan of Elon "the media personality", but the guy deserves credit for delivering on big promises and for his media savvy.
                  Starman was a coup!
                  “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I was fortunate to go to the space coast a few years ago. Amazing place ive loved since I was a kid

Comment

Working...
                    X