California people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California people

Checking in to see how the people in the vicinity of the fires are making out. Thoughts and prayers for everyone in that area.
    sigpic

There have been lots of areas hit hard by natural disasters recently. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has had their homes, their businesses and their lives impacted. Stay safe and stay strong!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

very smokey in san francisco. flew out to portland today for work. first time been happy to be in cold rain here.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenon View Post
        very smokey in san francisco. flew out to portland today for work. first time been happy to be in cold rain here.
        Lots of my coworkers are complaining about the air quality in SF. I just missed the fires by a couple of weeks.

Comment

smoke from 35k feet yesterday north of santa rosa

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
            There have been lots of areas hit hard by natural disasters recently. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has had their homes, their businesses and their lives impacted. Stay safe and stay strong!
            The scale of the damage from the recent disasters is mind blowing. I read that about 500,000 - 1 million cars were destroyed by the floods in Houston. Many people had no flood insurance for their houses.

It's not going to be easy for some people to recover from losses like this.

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
            99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Stay safe, CA people!

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
              ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Stew is only miles away but on the other side of the highway. My daughter in the south bay area has been sick due to smoke, worst she has ever seen.. My buddy flies for Sonoma county and took video of Santa Rosa as the neighborhoods burned. Two of his crew were with him and watched their houses burn while they flew over head helping other citizens. Horrible and totally devasted the area

Comment

We were about 3-4 miles from the nearest evacuation line. The devastation is unimaginable. The number of people that lost everything is amazing. This will take years to come back from. But, given the circumstances, the number of people's homes that are now ash, the early hour (it was o'dark hundred), the loss of life could have been so much worse.

My home is unharmed, my family is safe. I'm grateful.

CONNORWATCH.ORG
                  Go easy on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon
                  Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.
                  If we ride faster, we won't be lost for as long.
                  Strategic Air Command - Peace is Our Profession, War is our Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by sacowan View Post
                    We were about 3-4 miles from the nearest evacuation line. The devastation is unimaginable. The number of people that lost everything is amazing. This will take years to come back from. But, given the circumstances, the number of people's homes that are now ash, the early hour (it was o'dark hundred), the loss of life could have been so much worse.

My home is unharmed, my family is safe. I'm grateful.
                    Thank you so much for checking in, Stew - been thinking about you guys

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
                    X