Made the change from Ducati to Kawasaki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the change from Ducati to Kawasaki

Hi all. Just purchased my first ZZR after owning Ducati’s for last several years. Got rid of a 2019 multistrada and bought a pretty tatty 2004 ZZR1200 with 43000 on the clock, the Italian bikes are too temperamental. I’m hoping to completely refurbish the ZZR and bring her back to her former glory.
    If anyone knows where or if Kawasaki put the paint codes on their bikes that’d be a great start!. It is silver, that’s all I know at present. Any help would be appreciated!

Jerry

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I usually take a look here......

https://www.colorrite.com/
    Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

There are 2 silvers. before 2003 and 2003 and beyond - just so ya know. In looking at your picture - the decal seems to indicate a pre-2003. Mine is 2003 and the fairing decal is gold/black viz red/black in your picture - can someone else please confirm?

Comment

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the bike

US colors were:
        2002 Galaxy Silver
        2003 Pearl Mystic Black
        2004 Moonlight Silver
        2005 Ocean Metallic Blue

The bike in my sigline is 2003 PMB

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
        ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by ajsenol View Post
          There are 2 silvers. before 2003 and 2003 and beyond - just so ya know. In looking at your picture - the decal seems to indicate a pre-2003. Mine is 2003 and the fairing decal is gold/black viz red/black in your picture - can someone else please confirm?
          It appears that the OP is in Europe so my info may be different because I'm quoting American year availability.

In 2002 the color is Galaxy Silver. I owned a 2002 Galaxy Silver model.

In 2004 the color is Moonlight Silver.

Here is a pic of a 2004 Moonlight Silver (US) that has the decal ajsenol is speaking of:

Here is a pic of a 2002 Galaxy Silver (US):

Notice that the 04 color has a bluish tint to it..

I'm going with Galaxy Silver for the win!!!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

For the US:
            2002 Galaxy Silver
            2004 Moonlight Silver (had a light purple tint)
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

159.jpg

Here is my 2002 Galaxy Silver.

And since you area a previous Ducatista, my 1198 SP
              Attached Files
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Ha, Big-O beat me to it and with pics!
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Here is a link to paint: https://www.colorrite.com/department...aint-10907.cfm

They are definitely proud of their shite!

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the site

Your bike appears to be in great shape for the mileage.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who posted advice on colours. Turned out to be Moonlight Silver????

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry FS View Post
                        Thanks to everyone who posted advice on colours. Turned out to be Moonlight Silver????
                        If your bike is the one pictured at the top it looks to be Galaxy Silver. Moonlight Silver has a blue/lavender quality in most lights (a friend's wife once asked me why I bought a lavender bike when she saw my Moonlight Silver zed)

Whatever it turns out to be, congrats your awesome bike!

Comment

Working...
                        X