New member from Lancashire, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Lancashire, UK

Just joined today after owning my first ZZR1200 for 3 months, a 2003 model with 68k on the clock. It's my second ZZR, my first being a 1994 600E I used all year round through the 90s. It is my second bike this year, first one was a 1981 Z1100ST, it's been15 years since last had a bike, been busy with steam hobby for a while.

The 1200 came with a fully stamped service book including back cover and all the receipts for services and work done.

It also came with upgraded clutch slave cylinder, Black Widow silencers, electronic scottoiler, heated grips, recent new rear shock, head bearings, front disks and pads, rear pads, braided hoses and good set of Bridgestone tyres with hardly any wear on them.

I have since added Krauser pannier mounts and panniers, looking for second hand Krauser rack, already have a top box ready for it. Also added 30mm handlebar risers after the near 300 mile ride home to Lancshire from purchase location on South coast. Had seat done as standard seat was too slippy for pillion, especially in riding jeans. Digger custom seats did one for me.

Absolutely loving riding it, can't get enough of it. Any excuse to get it out even for a few local miles.

20210825_115555.jpg

20210824_145106.jpg

20211008_173224.jpg
    Last edited by BJWLANCS; 10-28-2021, 08:39 PM.

Beautiful bike - welcome aboard and congratulations

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Yes, looks great in those colours. Good to see that there are still well cared for bikes out there. My old bike was up for sale recently, and it looked in better condition than when I sold it!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Welcome to the Zed site. Good looking bike, love that blue.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

The Black Widows are something else, aren't they!
          I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful bike. Hope you stick around and share some stories and experiences.

Comment

Welcome great looking bike

Comment

Welcome! Nice looking ride
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
                  The Black Widows are something else, aren't they!
                  Very nice deep note and not to loud as the come. I notice that the baffles are removable but probably will be too loud. My 81 Z1100 has a Delkavic 4 into 1 and that is much louder even with the baffle left in, different sound altogether from the air cooled lump.

Comment

I left my baffles in, too loud with them out. I did cut the end off the baffles (on the inside) though, to provide better flow.

Comment

I left my baffles in, too loud with them out. I did cut the end off the baffles (on the inside) though, to provide better flow.
                      Did you have to change anything carburation wise when you fitted them? Bike has a slight stutter just off closed throttle, once you open more it's OK but light throttle is not smooth. Most noticable riding around town where hardly any throttle is required.

Plan to do a full carb clean during the winter time but if there are things to chage that is the time to do it.

Cheers

Brian

Comment

I already had a FactoryPro jetkit installed, with no issues. Mine is a full Black Widow system.
                        You may need to adjust your idle mix screws, and do a carb balance.

Comment

Welcome to the site and the new to you ZED, Brian

Love the color! Was only available as a European (or Canadian) option. Not available in the U.S. It is called Candy Thunder Blue.

Never heard of that brand of panniers??? GIVI was the typical pannier choice.

As for the carbs, I know many have "shimmed" them to get rid of a flat spot between 3500-4500 rpms. You might research that as a solution to your problem. Otherwise, I'm sure a good teardown and overhaul couldn't hurt.
                          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                            Love the color! Was only available as a European (or Canadian) option. Not available in the U.S. It is called Candy Thunder Blue.
                            And in Australia.

Comment

And in Australia.
                              Apologies.

Should have just said "Not available in the U.S."

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
                              X