No announcement yet.

Newbie from UK - Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Kawasakian, pleased you liked the video :)

The village was a nice town called Southwell, they have a lovely minster there and scenic minster gardens.

I had a mint time growing up in England, the nightlife was the best I have ever experienced, but now... The country is run by Tory Scum, they have sacked half the police force so save money to line their own pockets, sacked half the ambulance staff, they catch you for speeding in non black spot areas just to raise revenue, they do things like zero hour contracts so employers get to exploit you and not give you enough pay to live on, we now have food banks everywhere, all because of greed. It's not the country it once was. I actually don't blame the government for this, I blame the people for voting them in, there is still a large divide of rich and poor in the UK, more rich than poor but it's starting to even out and once they bled all the poor dry they will start on the middle class. There needs to be a civil war but it won't happen in my life time, not enough people suffering yet, such a shame.

Sorry you ran into English yob folk, not all people are that bad, but in todays society it's getting more and more the norm unfortunately.

It's not all doom and gloom here, still get to ride my 14 wide open throttle every now and then lol still get to go for a coffee and appreciate the scenery. You should revisit once the covid situation is under control, if that ever happens, see how it's changed since your last visit.
    Kawasaki ZZR 1400 - Black Widow 200mm 3k Carbon Silencers (blue tip) - Colour Angel Eyes - CNC Preload Adjusters - Valtermoto Exhaust Brackets - Single Seat Cowl - Rearsets - ZX14 Heel Plates - Stubby Levers - Renthal Grips - Goodridge Hoses - Brembo Pads - Puig Short Bar Ends

Comment

You sound like the kind of people that make me know America and England do have a special relationship and always will. We went through 4 years of Donald Trump. posing as president. I used to work for the Federal Prison system, and he was a known mob affiliate. The people voted him in. The same people it seems that lived next to those big plantations and didn't realize the slaves were doing the work they should have been paid for. The divide in America between the rich and poor is beyond belief, and now the middle class carries the burden, while the right wing nuts, as well as the extreme left wingnuts pay no taxes. America is in a very intense state right now. Everyone is armed, and arming up. Families torn down the middle. I cannot comprehend the beliefs of some of the so called educated people that believe they will be rich someday, and don't see problems with multi millionaire's not paying taxes. Under the coming tax rules, only people making over $500,000 dollars a year will face tax hikes. I know few people that make that much money. I was a Master Machinist, and Tool and Dye maker, programming automated machinery also for the Aerospace Industry. I made part for the Hubble Space Telescope when I worked at Perking Elmer, the people who made the lens, and ancillary components. The heart of the middle class. I do not think we will be able to stay in Connecticut when my wife retires, maybe, I lucked out when I purchased my house, I could never afford to live in the snobby upscale town I live in now. I know all the police and am a fixture in this town, but my Lord, some of these people make far too much money for what they do.

John

Comment

It does make you wonder John where this will all end ultimately. I think the planet is already past repair. Isn't there floods in NY and fires in Aus? Something like that. I tend not to watch the news much these days as it's all doom and gloom.

In the mean time, while society implodes on itself and the planet, all we can so is ride our bikes and be happy, oh and drink beer, but not all at the same time :)
        Kawasaki ZZR 1400 - Black Widow 200mm 3k Carbon Silencers (blue tip) - Colour Angel Eyes - CNC Preload Adjusters - Valtermoto Exhaust Brackets - Single Seat Cowl - Rearsets - ZX14 Heel Plates - Stubby Levers - Renthal Grips - Goodridge Hoses - Brembo Pads - Puig Short Bar Ends

Comment

I believe the planet is at a low point, but do think there is an awareness across the globe that may overcome the naysayers. Some of the technology, like grabbing diesel, gasoline, kerosene and other petroleum products directly from the atmosphere, like Bill Gates's company is doing could do a lot of cleaning up, Porsche developing pollutant free gasoline. Also, the Earth has natural cycles, and the combination of what man is doing and Earth warming up my be coincidental, we just don't have enough historical weather data. There may be hope. I drive my cars into the ground, making sure they run clean, but once they get at a certain point, they go to the scrap yard. I had 2 Subaru 1998 Legacy wagons that I got 300K miles out of. I gave one to a guy who is still driving it. I drive a 1998 Ford Taurus with 180K miles one it and the Duratec V-6 with 24 valves. I can get 28 mph combined driving with that car, and boy is that car comfortable, and cheap to keep up. It burns no oil. I think we will come back, as long as a major war doesn't break out.

Comment

Hi powster.
            welcome to the site.
            I also ride the middle section of the uk mainly Buxton/bakewell and the Peak District.
            nice bike.

Comment

Hey Barney. Thanks for the welcome :)

Ohh I like Buxton / Bakewell area, been up there a lot in the car taking the mountain bike for some exploration, like Monsal Dale too. Not taken the motorbike yet. I did go cat n fiddle years ago but last time I checked they were closed.

Have to get up there again soon.

Comment

I found the Town of Glossop quite beautiful. I took a 25 mile hike through the Moors up there, saw the ancient Roman road running up in the highlands. Looks like countryside that hasn't changed since then.

Comment

A belated welcome to the site

Bike looks like it is in beautiful shape.

A ZX 14 is one hell of an entry back into motorcycling after a 15 year hiatus
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Thanks Big O :)

Only took 4 rides and I am riding back like I used to back in the day, she handles great. If anything I thought she was slower the other day, which means I am getting used to it lol.

Comment

That's great!! I stopped riding for around 15 years, many Spinal Cord injuries in between due to an industrial accident. My 8 year old son asked me, "Why do we have 2 motorcycles and don't ride them?", two weeks later the Suzuki was back on the road and I was taking him all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                      X