Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from UK - Hi

Hi guys (and gals)

In the past few months I have returned to motorcycling having had a 15 year time out and I picked myself up a 2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

In the few months of ownership I have done a few mods to the bike and put my stamp on it. Looking for a good forum to get stuck into and learn more about the bike and share info as I go along on my own journey too.

Anyway thought I'd introduce myself and my ride

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Kawasaki ZZR 1400 - Black Widow 200mm 3k Carbon Silencers (blue tip) - Colour Angel Eyes - CNC Preload Adjusters - Valtermoto Exhaust Brackets - Single Seat Cowl - Rearsets - ZX14 Heel Plates - Stubby Levers - Renthal Grips - Goodridge Hoses - Brembo Pads - Puig Short Bar Ends

Welcome!

Nice ride!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Shiny! Nice! Welcome

Comment

Thanks guys :)
        Kawasaki ZZR 1400 - Black Widow 200mm 3k Carbon Silencers (blue tip) - Colour Angel Eyes - CNC Preload Adjusters - Valtermoto Exhaust Brackets - Single Seat Cowl - Rearsets - ZX14 Heel Plates - Stubby Levers - Renthal Grips - Goodridge Hoses - Brembo Pads - Puig Short Bar Ends

Comment

Lots of good folks with lots of knowledge to share here. Welcome to the site.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Bike looks to be in great shape.

15 years away from the ride, that is quite a spell. Safe journeys.

Comment

Morning guys. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Pleased to hear there are knowledgeable peeps on here, hope to share some too as I go along.

Yep 15 years away, first ride was a bit nervous, second I got a bit more brave, now it feels like I never left, which is scary because I know this beast needs respect, and a lot of, or it's going to be a painful lesson lol.

Good news is, now I am older (45) I don't have the bottle I once had. I seem to back off at 110mph, it feels too violent and fast enough at that, at which point I button it off and spend the rest of the ride just cruisin.

Comment

Beautiful bike!! I'm somewhat new here too. These guys have really helped me out a lot. I have a old 2003 ZZR1200 with 3485-ish miles on it. I am getting it ready for the road. I have received much good advice from this forum. Everyone has been very kind. Genuine interests in what you're doing and no pissing contests. I spent 3 months in Lancashire back in the early '70's. I have heard England has changed much, but I saw an England I fell in love with. I remember so many country roads that must be a blast to ride on. I live in New England, Connecticut, to be more exact, and the roads here started out as animal paths, so they are very windy. You've got a really beauty of a bike their. Best of luck. I think you will like this forum. It's quite right.

Comment

Hey Kawasakian.

Thanks for the post my friend :)

ZZR1200 eh, nice bike. I did look at those. I had the ZZR 1100 back in the day but when an opportunity came for the 14 I took it, and wow yours is low miles, barely run in.

So pleased to hear this is a good forum. I was on the UK zx-14 one and the guys in there are so petty, all they want to do is rile you for fun it seems, not a helpful place so I left and now looking for a forum that actually helps rather than talks you down all the time, shame really because a select few have ruined that place.

Roads in England are good, a few pot holes to be weary of, but generally good. Fuel isn't cheap, £1.50 / litre of the good stuff (Shell V-Power 99 RON) but I would swap places with you in a heart beat. England going down hill fast due to a greedy Tory government. Today I read they are putting a proposal in place to charge people that ride/drive per mile to make up in lost taxes with the rise of electric cars. Like 70% VAT on fuel isn't enough, they now will want to charge us per mile to ride. Madness.

Thanks for the compliment on the bike, looking forward to getting stuck in and getting to know you guys.

Cheers :)

Comment

Seems like Connecticut is following the same trail, bleed you till you die. We pat .06 cents tax on every gallon of gas which is on average $3.20 a gallon for regular, $3.49 for high test. It's cheaper to add octane booster. Connecticut's roads are in really bad shape, but if you know the roads less traveled, you find some real beauties, where if you can 40 mph around a turn, you're really good. I live about 300 feet from the western upstate New York border which puts me into New York's states finest riding roads. Well paved, with fast sweepers, you have to watch out for the police though, they look to catch Connecticut Yankees on their ground. I have a stretch of road that runs on a mountain ridge. Very high up, with horse farms on both sides. There is a straight a ways path that is 8 miles long with no stop signs and hasn't changed in 35 years, except for the occasional paving that millionaires get on their roads. You can open up anything there and in the middle of the week, there is no traffic. Connecticut is bankrupt. The route is what I take when I want to go for a quick ride, the whole ride only lasts an hour, but it is an incredible hour. It's on Google Maps. Quaker Hill Road, starting off Rte22 to Rte 310 (just before that intersection you veer right up the side of the mountain at full throttle, and get to the top and hang a left. Some of the most beautiful country in this area.

I do miss the real Fish 'n Chips of England, there is nothing like that that really matches the real thing. This forum is Moderated very well. It is exceptional, and I have a forum of 52.000 people myself, so I know what work it can take. Mine is also a free forum, it involves modeling in paper, and other mediums, from scratch. I don't mention the name out of respect for this forum.

Comment

Welcome!
                      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Sure does sound good riding around New York. I bet it's lovely at night. The roads you describe sound amazing. Speaking of roads, I did a shot video of me riding my 14 around, this was only my third ride after a 15 year lay off, I still have a squared off rear tyre too that I need to replace lol :

Fish n chips are lovely here, especially by the sea side, I like mushy peas with mine and batter bits in the peas, nice white flaky cod, perfect.

I am sure you can mention your forum so long as it's a non competing?

Sounds like a great place to be, happy to be here :) Thanks for the welcome Spedxprt.

Comment

You are going to love that 14. Welcome back!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Thanks ma friend :)

Comment

Excellent video!! What village was the one with all the Brick Buildings, so English! When I got off the airplane at Heathrow, I went outside and was about to cross the street when I felt a hand pull me back onto the sidewalk, and a huge bus whizzed by. I would have been dead because I was looking the wrong way. I think about that guy, his statement, "Keep your eyes open, look both ways" was burned into my brain. His situational awareness saved my life. I had such a good time in England. I was very young, and came from a very racist experience into a country that as soon as they learned I was "American", treated me as a friend. I did run into some people, because of my "coffee complexion" call me a "Packy", I was so naive, I had no idea what they were referring to, but that just shows the same crap and stupidity affects all countries. I focused on the good people I met and the England that I had always dreamed of visiting. I loved the canals, the barges people lived on, fantastic!

That was a great video! That bike is a superb machine!

Comment

Working...
                              X