Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new guy - to the forum that is :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy - to the forum that is :-)

Hi everyone thanks for the add! I live in Chattanooga, TN, I'm old(er),. I've been riding street bikes since 1976, and have owned more than I can remember. Just picking on the last 10 years, I've had a 2003 Bandit, 2005 FZ1, 2006 ST1300, and currently have a 99 SV650, and now the 2003 ZZR1200. I'm not listing my dual sports. Main thing these bikes have in common is they are more sport touring. I love sport touring bikes for the obvious reasons, speed, handling, and comfort.
    I just bought a 2003 ZZR1200 with 15K miles for 3K. Only thing I know it needs is a rear tire and possibly brakes. It has a new chain and sprocket. The previous owner went up 2 on the new sprocket so its has a little torque The person I bought it from is my old riding buddy of 35 years (we have lots of stories). He bought this bike with 8K on it. I have coveted it ever since. I had the ST1300 and we covered a lot of ground. The bikes matched up well, and we had good rides. He called me week before last asking me if I wanted it. He sold it due to health issues. I couldn't pass it up. It is in very good cosmetic shape. Looks brand new, as it has been kept indoors by both owners.
    After riding it for about 10 days, I really like it! It handles good, rides good, and of course has more power than I need but, I like power! If is fully stock, and for now I will keep it that way. I'm a fan of Yoshi slip-ons and might go that route at some point.
    Anyway, long write up, glad to be here, and looking forward to many years of riding on this beast!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome to the site. The ZZR is a real sleeper. Most people have no idea of what it is or what it’s capable of. Enjoy the new ride and thanks for joining our little online community.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Welcome!!

The median age of active members here is (I'm guessing) in the low to mid 40's. Add 10 to that for me.
      So... when you say "old", I'm betting there's at least a few of us here that would refer to you as "Young Man".

Happy to have you here.
      “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
        Welcome!!

The median age of active members here is (I'm guessing) in the low to mid 40's. Add 10 to that for me.
        So... when you say "old", I'm betting there's at least a few of us here that would refer to you as "Young Man".

Happy to have you here.
        I'm 61, so that makes me old-ish. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
          Welcome to the site. The ZZR is a real sleeper. Most people have no idea of what it is or what it’s capable of. Enjoy the new ride and thanks for joining our little online community.
          Yeah, I'm already comparing it to the FZ1 I had from the sleeper standpoint. The FZ1 is a great bike, and if I could find one with low miles I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. The ZZR is quickly (pun intended) becoming one bike I'm liking really well...

Comment

I'm new to this forum also. I purchased a 2003 ZZR1200 for only 2800 bucks and it has only 4395 miles on it. The PO purchased as his first bike, he is 6'4" tall and thought it fit him. He got scared on his first ride and asked his friend to just get rid of it. A couple of nicks on it, but otherwise, very clean and very tight. I am in the process of mounting Pirelli Diablo II's on it, and syncing the carbs. This will be the last bike I buy. I'm 64, and have owned enough, but this bike has what I need. Welcome to this forum. A great group of people here. Our bikes are the same color!

Comment

There are lots of older members here still doing what they love. I’m 68 and I’m not done yet.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Congrats on your ZZR and welcome to the site!

Bike looks like it's in great shape and the color is definitely classy.

As for median age on the forum I'd have to agree with the Ramblin (Brett) and say mid 40's as well.

I'm a spry 50 myself.

I've owned numerous bikes since 2006 when I purchased my 2002 ZZR 1200. I actually found this forum before I found the bike!

It's now been 16 years and I'm still on the forum but have moved onto a ZX 14 R.

There were times that I didn't even own a Kawasaki and was still a member on this site!

I guess I'm trying to say that there are many knowledgeable and great people on this site that would do anything to help a Brother out.

I typically make it down to the Northern Georgia a couple of times a year and pass right through Chattanooga along the way.

Again, welcome aboard and post up
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
                  There are lots of older members here still doing what they love. I’m 68 and I’m not done yet.
                  I fighting it. I was having neck issues for awhile and it kept me from riding for a couple of years, but I'm better and back on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                    Congrats on your ZZR and welcome to the site!

Bike looks like it's in great shape and the color is definitely classy.

As for median age on the forum I'd have to agree with the Ramblin (Brett) and say mid 40's as well.

I'm a spry 50 myself.

I've owned numerous bikes since 2006 when I purchased my 2002 ZZR 1200. I actually found this forum before I found the bike!

It's now been 16 years and I'm still on the forum but have moved onto a ZX 14 R.

There were times that I didn't even own a Kawasaki and was still a member on this site!

I guess I'm trying to say that there are many knowledgeable and great people on this site that would do anything to help a Brother out.

I typically make it down to the Northern Georgia a couple of times a year and pass right through Chattanooga along the way.

Again, welcome aboard and post up
                    Thanks BIG O!
                    Yeah I like the color... most the time it looks black until its in the sun. The pics I took are horrible and really doesn't do her justice. Trolling the forum, it does appear to be better than many I'm on. I'm looking forward to spending time on the bike and getting the bike the way I want it. It being stock, so far hasn't bothered me. I actually like the sound as is, so I might leave that alone for awhile.
                    I've looked at the ZX14R's and they look bad ass. I would love to ride one at some point.
                    Anytime you head through Chattanooga, I live maybe 20 minutes from I24 and 15 from I75, so give me shout.
                    Far as being 50 goes, at 61 I'm not feeling much different now as I did then. Long as you exercise, keep moving, etc., the next 10 for you will be fine.
                    Again thanks for the add!

Comment

Originally posted by Kawasakian View Post
                      I'm new to this forum also. I purchased a 2003 ZZR1200 for only 2800 bucks and it has only 4395 miles on it. The PO purchased as his first bike, he is 6'4" tall and thought it fit him. He got scared on his first ride and asked his friend to just get rid of it. A couple of nicks on it, but otherwise, very clean and very tight. I am in the process of mounting Pirelli Diablo II's on it, and syncing the carbs. This will be the last bike I buy. I'm 64, and have owned enough, but this bike has what I need. Welcome to this forum. A great group of people here. Our bikes are the same color!
                      Sounds like you got a good deal as well. Mine has a few more miles on it but you can't tell it by riding it. I haven't really ran this one hard yet. I did break the 110 mark on it the other day, and cruised about 90 for 20 miles or so. Very smooth...

Comment

I've had my ZZR since April 02, I'm 61 as well. Mine still runs like a bat outa hell and looks like new.
                        I'll keep mine til I can't throw a leg over it or it dies (doubtful) I love this bike and she still hauls the mail.
                        Just put a new set of Michelin Power5's on a couple of weeks back so it's ready for summer.
                        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by MRR060 View Post

Thanks BIG O!
                          Long as you exercise, keep moving, etc., the next 10 for you will be fine.
                          Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen.

Welcome to the site MRR. Bunch of older kids on this forum that you should relate to. Lucky you to live in such good road section of the country.

Funny story, My brother and I met near Chatanooga a couple of years ago to do some riding. 50 miles into day one and my aging, smoking, oil drinking, 2006 model bike fouled a plug. My choices were, buy a bunch of tools and toil in motel parking lot for a full day. Or get a new bike. The next morning I was in a dealership in Chattanoga and bought a new bike. Still have old 'Smokey', but loving the new one.

There are fairly regular meet-ups in north GA which is not too far from you. You should try to make one.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen.

Piss off Mike!
                            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Piss off Mike!
                              Well, OK, eat, drink, and be merry. Exercise isn't for everyone! Peace out...

Comment

Working...
                              X